“Great dinner”
Review of Hofje van Wijs

Hofje van Wijs
Ranked #1,846 of 4,315 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Neighborhood: Red Light District (De Wallen)
Neighborhood: Red Light District (De Wallen)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Me and my wifa had really great dinner with coposed of fondue and cheese plate supported by really taste beer (the poet) and nice view. I can only recommend it!

Reviewed March 8, 2018 via mobile

Visited here to try to find somewhere other than the normal tourist fare. The coffee machine was broken, but there was a good selection of beers and although a limited lunch menu I had a cheesy pancake which was delicious and my husband’s burger was gorgeous and huge. The main problem was the temperature, really cold with the available fan heater, it was warmer when we went out!

Reviewed December 12, 2017 via mobile

We had a nice dinner here. One of us ordered mussels and fries, which were very tasty, and one of us ordered a fondue, which was also very tasty.
I complimented an older server on the cheese, and he said he'd be sure to tell his neighbor, who owned the cows and made the cheese.
What a great way to run an old restaurant, which must have run on the same local supply chain when it was founded some 200 years ago.

Great to see restaurants recycling tourism dollars to support the local farm economy.
They also sold local craft beers, which I appreciate, though I must say, I find them very strong.
Still, it's nice to visit a place and experience what locals do and what they enjoy. It all adds to the experience.

2  Thank wayne300944
Reviewed August 31, 2017

I discovered this lovely local & more traditional Dutch restaurant just walking around Amsterdam, with no map. I immediately noticed the difference from other more "popular" places: it looked different, it looked cosy, it looked genuine. I was not wrong: food was delicious and my tip to customers is to try, at least, one of the different ways they serve Fondue!! Additionally both the guy & the girl who were working there were really friendly & very helpful advising on what local beers to try: YES, there are more Dutch beers than just that well known brand... and they are BETTER!

Reviewed July 7, 2017 via mobile

This antique decorative venue offers a variety of teas,coffees (even to buy out) , canal view, cozy patio is also a good choice for wine&dine in tranquil environment, yet in the vibrant city centre.