1,043 results
All reviews breakfast room steep stairs canal view no elevator great location within walking distance yogurt free hot drinks quaint hotel first floor anne frank museum single room tea and coffee nice breakfast major attractions quiet area central station
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I love this little place, it's in a great location! I got a canal view from my window, and a free upgrade to a double bed. The room was small but clean and nice. The breakfast was wonderful, I loved sitting at the window in the sun, watching people walk by the canals, drinking my morning tea. Stairs are definitely hard to get up with luggage.. but I had read reviews and was anticipating that. It's great to stay in these unique dutch houses. Staff were friendly.

Room tip: I asked for a canal view when I made my reservation...
Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I enjoyed staying at Hotel Wiechmann. It was in a nice part of town, quiet and picturesque. The staff was extremely nice and helpful and the lobby is quite quaint. The room was just a room, but the bed was comfortable and if I stood at the window, I could see the canels. As stated by others, the stairs are extremely steep and my room was on the top floor.

Room tip: If you have any issue with climbing stairs at all, then you need to ask for a room on one of the bottom floors or find another hotel. The stairs wore me out, especially with luggage.
Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank bfitworld
Reviewed 15 May 2013

The hotel is in a brilliant position, with the canal just in front. The view from breakfast room in the morning was always lovely. The staff were incredibly helpful, as it was my first time abroad without my parents so I was rather apprehensive whilst excited!:) My room was lovely, with a comfy bed and there was no dirt or dust. The decor of the hotel is rather vintage/old fashioned but I personally found it interesting ans gave the hotel a great character. I loved staying here, great location, lovely staff and a comfy bed at the end of each days exploring!
My only niggle would be that the break fast didn't cater well for people with allergies. I do not eat wheat or gluten or cows milk (yes very awkward) so there was little for me. I personally was more than delighted with eating just fruit and may I add the BEST fruit I have ever had. But would be great if there were more options for awkward travelers like myself:)

Room tip: For nice view get rooms at front of building:)
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Our stay at Hotel Wiechmann was very pleasant. We have never expected that it can be such a wonderful place. Entire property is clean, lobby is nice, décor is modern and services were superb. I stayed here in April 2013 with my friends and we really had a great time. Rooms which we got were perfect, nothing was missing. Balcony provided in room was big and view of the city from this place was - just amazing. Bed was quite comfortable and not too high. Bathroom looked modern and fresh. Food was delicious and served elegantly. I will love to recommend it.

Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Joran V
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Really lovely hotel..near to all the attractions, close to the Central Station and trams. Very helpful staff and lovely rooms. We had the family room which was spacious and clean. There are a lot of narrow staircases which would be difficult for any one with a disability but the hotel itself was really lovely and I would recommend a stay here. Free wifi. No hair dryers in room.

Date of stay: May 2013