3,731 results
All reviews rembrandt park tram stop free shuttle from the airport the hotel shop rooftop bar dam square shuttle service number tram corner room takes you straight top floor beautiful park lovely hotel city tax day pass minute walk from the hotel executive room
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Roof terrace alwasy noisy.We didnt sleep all night.Also staff not good and rude.I didnt suggest this hotel.Breaksfast in ok but enough.Also for the parking is expensive this area.Also room is good and clean

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank aren_ally
Roelof G, Rooms Division Manager at Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Aren_ally,
First of all. I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us and for leaving us your valued review.

My sincere apologies to read that you were disturbed with noise coming from the Floor 17. We take high priority in our guests having a good night sleep, therefore, this is definitely not what we would want. Did you mention this to any of my colleagues? As we would directly make sure the noise goes down or we change your room. I am sorry that this was not the case for you.

I am glad to read that you did enjoy the breakfast, it is indeed fresh with a great variety.

I do hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again with us in the near future.

Front office supervisor

Reviewed 12 November 2018

We spent 5 nights in October 2018 at the Ramada Apollo Amsterdam. This hotel was a case of there were some very good points and not so good points. Firstly the good. The room we stayed in (613) was very big. The room had a lounge area with a lounge which made the room very spacious. The bathroom was very big and had a heated mirror which meant that it didn't fog up.The restaurant were breakfast was served was on the 17t floor and had a great view of Amsterdam. The room was very quiet which they advertise as such. The hotel is approx. 20 minutes by tram from the centre of Amsterdam. The tram stop is right outside the hotel. We didn't think it was a big deal but just beware. There is no milk supplied in the room. The decor is very dated with green walls and curtains. The food at the buffet breakfast was average.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank BJFowler
Reviewed 10 November 2018

After traveling Netherlands and Belgium for two weeks we wanted to get a decent room for our last night in Amsterdam after we dropped the car.

Pros: We liked that the property was near the airport for our last night before flying home. It was also near the tram into the city center - about a five minute, two block walk. It was also right across the street from Rembrandt Park. Staff: Very friendly and accommodating at the counter. This always helps and is appreciated. However, you have to pair this with a quality product to get a great rating from me.

Cons: One of the reasons we booked the hotel was the airport shuttle. However, be on notice that the Airport shuttle was free FROM THE AIRPORT but not TO THE AIRPORT. It is 7.50€ per person. I suppose that is still less expensive than Uber or other public transportation options and the shuttle driver was very nice. We did find the shuttle convenient and a good value for our money. Be sure to book and pay the night before as there are only 8 spots on the shuttle, and it only runs once an hour. You can find the schedule online or at the desk.

Cleanliness: Not good. We walked in and the room smelled like urine and you could not open the window to air it out. The Kleenex holder was completely empty and so was the hand soap dispenser. The bathroom sink was old and stained yellow. The corner of the bathroom counter had black mold. The mirrors in the bathroom were dirty. There was a footprint on the bathroom floor. There was some dark dripping on the floor of the shower. This led us to believe the bathroom was not cleaned except for a hasty wipe down and change of towels. My husband pulled out a coffee stirrer from the coffee caddy and it had already been used. The floor was not vacuumed.

Comfort: The bathroom had a step up that you could not see and I tripped over it a few times, jammed my toes and almost fell. The headboard on the bed is strange and there are corners where you bang your head. It was the usual European overly soft two IKEA mattresses shoved together on a queen or king frame. You are Ramada! Get real beds! There are ice machines on four floors but no ice buckets or bags provided in the rooms or at the machines to get the ice. When I asked the cleaning people they looked at me like I was insane.

This was not the Ramada stay we should have had. Not a nice way to end the trip. I would have booked somewhere else if I had to do it over again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Amynlucy,
First of all, thank you for your recent stay with us and thank you for leaving us such an elaborate review.

I am sorry to read that some aspects of your stay were not satisfactory and up to our desired standards. The points mentioned about the cleanliness of the room is totally unacceptable, and i have taken this up directly with the housekeeping executives, to make sure this is looked into, so it does not happen again.
Unfortunately, the Kleenex boxes are indeed not filled up as you mentioned, becuase we have had severally guests mis-using these, and this has affected our drainages.

The headboard on the beds is indeed not a usual design, which is unique, however, also uncomfortable for some people, and i am sorry that was the case for you during your stay.

My apologies to read about the reaction you got when you asked your room to be serviced. I have immediately taken this up with my colleagues at the front desk. I can assure you that they did not mean to come off rude or unconcerned.

I am however, very glad to read that you did make use of the shuttle service. It is very handy to and from the airport. Great to also read that the location of the hotel close by the tram stop and my colleagues also contributed to your overall experience.

I would really love to offer a proper solution for inconveniences you experienced during this stay. As i cannot use your tripadvisor name to locate your reservation, Please do contact me at any time of your convenience.

Once again, my sincere apologies once again, and i do look forward to hear from you and to welcome you again with us personally in the near future.

Front office supervisor

Reviewed 10 November 2018 via mobile

Myself and my partner decided to book this hotel as the reviews were good. We arrived at the hotel a lot earlier than we expected and the staff kindly let us check in early and upgraded our room to the 16th floor. Room was very clean, spacious, good views! The staff gave us information on how to catch the tram into the city centre and gave us a guide book which was very helpful! Number 3 Tram takes you right into the city centre and is a 1 minute walk. Free shuttle bus to/from the airport, make sure you book the shuttle bus at reception when leaving to go back to airport as it can be fully booked and you will miss your flight if so! All staff are very friendly and will be happy to help if you have any issues! We are planning to go back Amsterdam and will definitely be staying at this hotel. Amazing!!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2018 via mobile

Don’t book 16th floor exec room on. Friday night, hurrendous roof top bar boom boom noise. Piss poor, get a better sleep dam square. Can’t believe tAke money for exec room then put you in noise worse than Ibiza. Never again

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Adventure60860344797 ,
Let me start by saying thank you for your recent stay with us, and thank you for leaving us your valued review.

My sincere apologies to read that there was so much noise from the Floor 17, which disturbed you through the night, This is definitely not what we want our guests to experience, as having a good night rest is our priority for us.
Did you call down to the reception to mention this, or speak to any of my colleagues about this? Because we take up such compains directly.

I would really like to offer a proper solution for such an inconvenience. However, i cannot locate your reservation using your tripadvisor name, If you do contact me directly, then we can take a further look into this.

Once again, my sincere apologies for this inconvenience experienced.

Front Office Supervisor