“Lovely restaurant”

Cafe Martinot
Ranked #786 of 4,555 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Museum Quarter (Museumkwartier)
Reviewed 10 March 2016 via mobile

We actually wanted to go to another restaurant down the road from Martinot but we were told we have to wait 1 hr for a table. So we gave up and walked down and saw this little cozy restaurant so we went inside, and we were pleasantly impressed. We ordered a salami pizza, chicken mozzarella pasta and a side of fries. They were absolutely delicious and the portions were generous. The service was great and the price was quite friendly. I definitely recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed 16 February 2016 via mobile

We are staying in Amsterdam and wanted to find a local restaurant near to where we were staying. We found the Martinot and we were not disappointed. My main meal pasta with grilled veg and feta was out of this world followed by carrot cake which was also delicious. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 16 February 2016 via mobile

Excellent place to eat :) had a great evening here. Very friendly staff and the best food we have tasted in Amsterdam. It that good we will return before our holiday finishes :)
Good value for money too .

Reviewed 23 January 2016 via mobile

Amazing gnocchi! I was staying in a hotel close to this restaurant and was searching for a place to have a not so expensive dinner... I ordered the gnocchi that the waiter recommended, with dried tomatoes, ham, arugula.... It was amazing! I loved it!

Reviewed 15 November 2015

And you can’t believe what they can do with peanut butter! On my lunch stop I just needed something light, and the panini part of their menu was intriguing. I ordered a dark bread panini that had peanut butter and some other wonderful flavours that tasted great. I’d planned on dessert, as well, but was too full. Went back for dinner a few nights later. The pasta was wonderful, the wine good and the cheesecake outstanding.

2  Thank Jim H