1,643 results
All reviews great location dam square flower market superior room singel canal within walking distance breakfast buffet restaurants and bars hotel is perfect mini bar central station reception desk major attractions would definitely stay here again hotel is situated rooms are small few minutes walk
Reviewed 13 August 2018

This is my second trip to Amsterdam and If i was to return again this is where I would be staying! Me and my two friends had a three bed room and were so impressed with all aspects of our stay.
Highlights...
- Location! The hotel is on a fantastic street of bars and restaurants and in walking distance of everything - we didn't get one taxi our whole trip. However the plus side is that although you are pretty central you are also tucked away enough that its not noisy!
-Breakfast! The breakfast buffet is amazing - SO much choice and so tasty - doesn't finish till 11am which is great when you've had a late night the night before!
-Staff - Couldn't be more friendly and helpful, we kept our bags in the luggage store on both our first and last days and the staff that assisted us offered us many tips for visiting the city.
The hotel is bright, well decorated and clean. The room was spacious and beds very comfy - we particularly liked the waterfall shower.

The only real niggles (not big at all and wouldn't stop me returning) we had was that you can't order an iron to your room, although there is an ironing room this was quite far away from our room so made it a bit of an inconvenience. The other was that there wasn't a mirror over the desk/dressing table in our room - as three girls sharing a room we would have liked an extra mirror.

I would definite recommend this hotel to anyone looking for somewhere to stay in Amsterdam!

Date of stay: August 2018
Hannes B, General Manager at NH City Centre Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Dear Ellie,

wow thank you so much for sharing your detailed review on Tripadvisor!

We are excited to read that you would recommend NH City Centre to others. That is the best compliment we can receive.

Regarding the iron, I am sorry if this has caused any discomfort. Unfortunately due to safety regulations the rooms are not provided with an iron. Like you've mentioned we do have a iron room on the 3rd floor that is open 24/7.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 9 August 2018

The hotel is very well located, right in the center of the city! I loved my room, with a beautiful view of the canals, bright and clean, great shower, good bed, good wifi, Nespresso machine (always a huge plus for me!). The hotel has parking, paid, but cheaper than the parking places in the area.

Date of stay: December 2017
1  Thank GabrielaA3762
Hannes B, General Manager at NH City Centre Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Dear Gabriela,

thank you for such a detailed and positive review!

I am delighted to read that you were satisfied with the facilities in our hotel and hopefully you will visit us again.

With best regards,

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights with my daughter. We had a twin room which was a decent size, very clean and a good shower in the bathroom. Decent curtains kept the room dark and we didn’t wake up ridiculously early in the morning.

Receptionists were very good - friendly and helpful.

Location was excellent. Tram stop very close by and just a few stops from the train station and a few stops to the museums. After the first day though once we’d got our bearings we just walked everywhere.

Didn’t have breakfast in the hotel but went to one of the nearby bakeries.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Hannes B, General Manager at NH City Centre Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Dear guests,

thank you for being our guest and sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

I am truly delighted to read that you and your daughter were satisfied with your room, our team and our location in Amsterdam.

I hope you will visit us again!

With best regards,

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

Prime position right next to the canel, the service is excellent and the buffet breakfast was our favorite so far. The rooms are clean and well maintained. Highly recommend this hotel for its location and quality.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Hannes B, General Manager at NH City Centre Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2018

Dear James,

What a wonderful review, thank you very much for sharing your experience.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay here so much.

With warmest regards,

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel is in a perfect location (we didn't need to use any public transportation) ! Close to everything but in a quiet and beautiful local neighborhood. Room was perfectly clean and the best thing is the kindness of the staff in the front desk. If you are staying there use their recommendations they will give you great tips! Lots of thanks especially to Fernanda, Raquel and Edwin you all have been very very helpful !!!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear guest,

thank you for sharing your recent stay on Tripadvisor.

I am excited to read that my team was able to make your stay special! I will share your wonderful review with Fernanda, Edwin and Raquel.

Thank you!