“Would highly recommend ”
Review of Pompa

Pompa
Ranked #533 of 4,441 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Italian, Dutch
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Museum Quarter (Museumkwartier)
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Stumbled upon this restaurant on the day we arrived in Amsterdam. We first thought the prices were a bit much but quickly changed our minds when we tasted the food. The atmosphere of the place was lovely and service was exceptional. Would highly recommend the spaghetti bolognese!

Reviewed 23 March 2018

I had been craving some pasta during my visit to Amsterdam, and we found Pompa on a whim. It was within walking distance from our hotel, and when we entered we were very pleased that despite being quite airy with tall ceilings, it has a very cozy feel. We sat upstairs and had a fantastic view of the stained glass, and were visited by the resident cat who was also quite friendly! I ordered the Tagliatelle Funghi and my date ordered the Penne Con Pollo. The plates were brought out fast, and were piping hot from the center so I knew it had been made fresh! Even though my date did not get Penne (he got elbow macaroni instead...), the pastas were cooked to al dente perfection, and the sauces were simple, but flavorful. The house red wine is delicious, I wish I could remember what it was! Highly recommend this place if you want a wonderful, low key, inexpensive pasta night in Amsterdam!

2  Thank Ruby V
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately I just have a chance to eat breakfast there, and I did not try to other meal. But I can highly recommend to breakfast menu fresh juice, omelettes , good coffee, in a good price, and nice staff. And a friendly cat ☺️

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

This Italian restaurant was a great find, I would definitely recommend it to anyone in the area. We ate spaghetti carbonara and a steak, both were absolutely delicious! The staff made the experience however, as they were so friendly and helpful, it was a lovely meal.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

We went for a late dinner, the food was good and the staff was friendly and helpful. Fluent in English, always up to help.
The steak is really good, I recommend sitting upstairs if they have available seats. The view is really nice - i.e. the stained glass. They also have outside seating available if you're there when it's warmer.

I would totally recommend this place, we had a really good meal and a good time.