“Best red curry ever!”

Krua Thai Classic Restaurant
Reserve with
Krua Thai Classic Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 4,358 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centrum
Reviewed February 15, 2016

I had not visited this restaurant in years, but it is still as good as ever.
Honestly this was some of the best Thai food I had ever tasted! My friend said that the food was up to the standard of what she had eaten in Thailand.

The red curry was especially delicious, but the chicken with mint and lemongrass was also very good.

Just five minutes walk from the Muziektheatre, the Krua Thai is an ideal if you are dining before an opera or ballet. The waiter even asked before we ordered what time we needed to finish our meal to be out in time for our performance. Even though the restaurant was busy, we were always able to catch the waiter's eye to order more drinks or to ask for the bill (not always the case in Amsterdam!)

Service is charming and efficient.

The restaurant is quite small so and tables are quite close together, but we did not find this a problem.

Reviewed January 31, 2016

I went there following number of great reviews here. Nothing wrong with the place, food was good same as service - but many people say here that it was exceptional, best thai etc. Not really, just good food, nothing wrong, just not to my expectation for something extraordinary.

Reviewed January 24, 2016

We chanced upon this lovely restaurant as we were wandering through the Amsterdam streets. Very friendly staff who made great recommendations on what to eat. Good wine list and a delicious meal. We shared a banquet but did not feel overfull by the time we had finished.

Reviewed January 20, 2016 via mobile

Very nice authentic Thai food.

Was just wandering the streets of 'dam when I saw this tiny little restaurant. The food is lovely and the place is nice quiet and cute.

Eat whatever they advise, as it will be sensational. I had meang kham to start, followed by spicy minced chicken and vegetable rice. Mmmm very nice.

That starter is very special. Very very special.

The house wine was very nice.

Getting a coffee now, then will make my way to the airport.

See you next week Amsterdam!

Reviewed January 18, 2016

We stayed next door to this place while in town. The lady who owns the apartment said if you like Thai you have to go next door to eat. We live in Orlando and have a wonderful Thai place we love. I was thinking it can't be that good. Well we were wrong. This place was Amazing!!!! I think the best Thai we have ever had. I think you have to give it a try. it's a hidden gem!!! I give it a 10+!