“Delicate flavours”

Ranked #1,059 of 4,302 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$19 - US$36
Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Museum Quarter (Museumkwartier)
Description: The cooks at Srikandi use original recipes,which has been handed down through generation, and fresh ingredients only. Through this occasion we are proudly presenting the treasure of nature along with our authentic Indonesian kitchen to you. For the foreign culture and art enthusiast, restaurant Srikandi is the place to be in Amsterdam.You will enjoy the pleasant atmosphere and the Indonesian art as well the music, you will be quite literally surrounded by all the paintings and the handicrafts,visit Srikandi is the discovery of the past. Restaurant Srikandi is one of the reputable Indonesian Restaurant in Holland
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stumbled across this restaurant by accident as we were on the lookout for canal cruises,we made an online reservation and had a wonderful experience here,It was our first time in a Indonesian restaurant and we both enjoyed the meals.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Ate here on first night of our stay. Beautiful food - monkfish special was to die for and everything else was delicate but really full of variety of flavours. Not cheap but for something special was worth pushing the boat out. Menu looks a bit confusing but as the waiter said - there are no rules, just choose what you want to eat and in what order.

Reviewed February 22, 2018

We came as a large group without any dinner reservations having both vegetarian and gluten-free needs and they accommodated us beautifully. Our server and his service was delightful. The food was abundant and plentiful. Everyone said it was the best Indonesian food they'd ever eaten. If I was living in Amsterdam I would likely eat here often.

Reviewed February 8, 2018

My colleague and I had an early dinner here after a long day of sightseeing and a visit to the Rijksmuseum (which is a must see). The restaurant was quiet as we were so early and we got personal and extra-attentive service by a lovely man who was very professional and helpful. My friend got the crispy duck and I got the dish referred to as the "best food in the world" (which was a slightly spicy beef dish in a coconut sauce). The food was excellent, the service outstanding and the ambiance was gezellig (my favorite dutch word, meaning cozy and relaxing), Both dishes were quite good. The staircase down to the restrooms on the lower level was quite steep and scary - exercise caution! I ordered a glass of red wine with my meal and the wine was not good. It had clearly come from a bottle that had been opened long before and it was undrinkable. I hate when restaurants do that. Otherwise, we were quite pleased and would definitely return.

Reviewed January 27, 2018

Absolutely divine! We discovered this restaurant here on TripAdvisor[TM] and decided to go based on the glowing reviews and proximity to our hotel. Everything about the restaurant exceeded our already high expectations. Staff was friendly, communicative, and attentive. Food was extremely delicious. Atmosphere was cozy and perfect for a romantic dinner.
I had the prawns with bamboo and mushrooms and my wife had the prawns with some sort of delicate sauce. We added some steamed vegetables in peanut sauce and the yellow rice (coconut/turmeric infused deliciousness) as sides. The portions made for a perfect meal as we were both pleasantly full when we left having almost finished everything we ordered.
If you are in Amsterdam and looking for a special treat (at a reasonable price for such luxury, I might add: Our two meals with sides, a large bottle of water, and a beverage each came to about 70 Euros), definitely give this place a chance. I highly doubt you would regret it!
We are currently devising a scheme in which we can come back to Amsterdam to eat here again ;)