“Best vegan food - from a non-vegan diner”

Vegan Junk Food Bar
Ranked #115 of 4,445 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We chose the burgers for lunch with a side of fries with seaweed sauce along with 'Amsterdam Bitterballen'. Still not sure what they were, but they were balls of deliciousness!
The burgers were piled high with salad, sauce and really, really tasty non-meat burgers.
The walk to this very small restaurant took about 20 mins from the museum quarter but is a straight, flat walk through an interesting neighbourhood. The number 1 tram also goes this way.

There is a second branch of the restaurant nearer to the central station which, I gather, can and does get busy and may mean a wait for a table. We plan to pop in there for a quick vegan ice cream during our stay.......

I am not vegan but my daughter is. We both found all that we ate to be well cooked, not spicy, very tasty and incredibly filling.

Cheerful, friendly staff too and a nice choice of cold drinks.

Definitely worth a walk and an excellent choice for everyone who eats - not just vegans.

No cash taken (which we have found in a number of cafes/small eateries) so need debit or credit card for payment.

We need this company in the UK, preferably very close to where we live!!

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Nice vegan place, high stools and you have to find a space where you can. The portion sizes are fairly large and we had to takeaway half of the meal. Maybe they could reduce the price and portions so we could try more. Good flavours..worth a visit for some clean food.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The only ”negative” thing was that I would have wanted to taste all of the dishes . The platter with different bites was excellent and so was the burger. The tortilla was a little bit dry. Also the non-vegans liked the food.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed out food, we both had the classic burger and fries, which were good. HOWEVER, there was a waitress at our table every two minutes asking us if we wanted to order anything else, it was clear there was no good communication between the servers. It felt like they wanted to clear the table for new customers. Lastly the music was fun but REALLY LOUD; it was like having dinner at a club, I had to yell at my friend.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Cool concept and a lot of people seem very pleased with the place. I’m vegetarian but have had way better veggie burgers before. I got the fake chicken burger and it wasn’t amazing. I wouldn’t go back.