“Friendly staff, lovely food”
Review of Red Sea

Red Sea
Ranked #20 of 761 Restaurants in Lausanne
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

We were a party of six, three of which not acquainted yet with Ethiopian cuisine. We all loved it! The place is authentic and no frills, everybody very friendly. We'll be back!

Reviewed 22 August 2017

I've found it by chance, but I was amazed.
What convinced even more was the presence of many people from Ethiopia eaten and hanging around the place.
Injera is amazing and the zighini (btw. I missed th egg) was enough spicy (I would suggest more berberè, but I know that the risk would be to have locals not coming) and super-tasty!

Easy going place.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

I went for lunch on a weekday. Standard furnishings and Ethiopian handicraft wall decorations. As usual there was a gaggle of African men sitting around drinking beer but being inoffensive to anyone. The place smelled like onions which made my eyes water a bit. But I guess that adds to the authenticity of the experience, haha. Bathroom small and clean.

The owner is very sweet and friendly. The menu was pretty standard what I've seen in every Ethiopian restaurant. And the prices are reasonable like most such restaurants. I was surprised though to see some lamb dishes cheaper than some vegetarian ones. I had the creamed yellow peas (excellent) and the spinach (bit bland). He offered second helpings which I thought was an unusually generous gesture. I left stuffed.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

The food was delicious and the waiter adorable. He offered us ethiopian tea after the dinner and was very attentive. Also the prices are pretty cheap, they exclusively use swiss meat. Great place!

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

This place is amazing, so amazing that I ate here three days in a row. Being an Eritrean it's usually hard to go out and find a restaurant that makes home made style meals . Not only is the food amazing but the chef is super nice and accommodating, since we were visiting from the us he made an effort to speak to us in English ensuring that we were comfortable . Sad that I live so far away this place is truly a gem .