Aquatis Hotel(Lausanne)(Great Value!)
US$114
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$126/night.

Novotel Lausanne Bussigny(Bussigny-pres-Lausanne)
US$115
US$111
ibis Lausanne Centre(Lausanne)(Great Value!)
US$115
Bellerive Hotel(Lausanne)(Great Value!)
US$107
  • Fitness center
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$126/night.

Agora Swiss Night by Fassbind(Lausanne)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$125
  • Fitness center
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$146/night.

US$247
  • Restaurant
US$513
US$444
  • Pool
All reviewsshared bathroomshower and toiletmetro stationfree wifiroom was cleanconvenient locationnice place to staypublic transportationswiss standardsbasic hotelwould stay here againreception areaold townmin walkshort stayswitzerlandmicrowave
Reviewed 8 September 2016

I stayed here twice (before and after a conference, held elsewhere). I'd stay here again & definitely recommend the hotel. Clean & friendly. Very reasonable considering very convenient location, just 350 meters from the Metro station of Riponne (just 2 stops from the main Lausanne Gare, railway station). For example, just one stop to Lausanne Flon, then connect to another line to Ouchy, where the Olympic Museum and the lovely promenade along the lake are. Or from Lausanne Flon, just 4 stops to Lausanne University. The first time I stayed in a single bed studio - a room with a kitchen sink, two hot plates, crockery, cutlery & fridge. Very plain rather eclectic decor but practical. I can't live without my cups of tea (with milk and honey). View to a lovely big tree at the back. Very quiet. The second time I stayed in a double bedroom to the front. Not so quiet if you want an open window. All rooms have shutters, so you can have open windows with privacy. More appealing in terms of decor. Both rooms were very clean. The shared bathrooms were very clean; the water hot. I never had to wait. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. On balance, I'd prefer the studio because it suits me better (ability for limited cooking, fridge). There are steps up to the hotel (not many) but if your luggage is heavy you can enter at the lower level. Pleasant breakfast room and terrace. A real bonus is a 24-hour metro card included with the tariff that allows you to travel within central zones. (Public transport is quite expensive in Switzerland but value for money when you think of excellent service, cleanliness, security and safety, and standard of vehicles.) Just down the street you'll find La Cuisine, a cafe for excellent coffee (and chocolate and simple vegan meals) and a simple kebab/felafel shop that serves excellent and cheap takeaway.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter - less traffic. Limited parking.
  • Stayed: August 2016, traveled on business
CKunzler-Gloor, Responsable réception at Hotel du Marche, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2016

Dear client,
We thank you for your nice review! It is also very kind of you to give some ideas or advices to other guests.
You have done a nice description of Lausanne city.
It is good to hear that you appreciate your two stays in Hotel du Marché, even in different kind of room.
I wish you a good afternnon.
Best Regards, Caroline, receptionnist.

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

I was looking for a cheap room for one night only accommodation and this hotel came up as one of the cheapest - and I booked. My stay was really pleasant : I had arrived late as they nicely sent me an email to advise how to come in, they provide (free) wifi, room was clean and bed comfortable. Only caveat but I knew it: bathrooms are shared.

In the morning, optional breakfast that I took and it was really complete and nice:fresh orange juice and fruits, good bread (important to note as many entry level hotel provide the base industrial breads), nice jams, etc.
In conclusion, a definite place to stay for one or a few more nights.

Stayed: August 2016, traveled solo
CKunzler-Gloor, Receptionist at Hotel du Marche, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2016

Dear Levongab,

Thank you very much for your comment.

It was a pleasure to welcome you at the Hotel du Marché and we are very happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us!

We do also offer rooms with the bathroom in it, but indeed they have a slightly higher price!

We hope to see you again very soon in Lausanne,

Ilan - Reception

Reviewed 17 August 2016

I stayed only one night and I find the hotel perfect in terms of location, services and so, for the price it is excellent, considering the prices in other hotels in Lausanne, I can only greatly recommend this familiar hotel!

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled solo
CKunzler-Gloor, receptionist at Hotel du Marche, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2016

Dear Aitsuki,

Thank you very much for your comment.

It was indeed a pleasure to welcome you in Lausanne. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again very soon at the Hotel Du Marché.

Ilan - Reception

Reviewed 8 August 2016

The room was clean and cozy. The shared bathroom was not working, neither the tap inside the room, so they moved me to an ensuite without charging more. Guess the staff is the highlight, very friendly and effective.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled solo
CKunzler-Gloor, Responsable réception at Hotel du Marche, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2016

Dear client,
It is pleasant to hear that you appreciate your stay with us and that the staff was friendly enough.
Our bathrooms are a bit old that's why some works will be done. Don't hesitate to tell the reception that the tap is not working properly then the problem can be resolved.
I wish you a good day.
Caroline, receptionnist.

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

We stayed only one night since we were only passing through Lausanne. It would have been nice to know in advance that they were re-doing the pipes in the hotel instead having these huge pipes on all floors and stairs.
I also prefer my bathroom sink in a way so I can use it, but the mechanics of the bung was actualy gone and it was closed so you had to improvise and use the bath tub for everything.
There would be much more of these "little" things to complain like for example a leaking toilet, or a bathroom besides the breakfast room with no towels ... but on the other hand the bed was comfortable, the breakfast was small but offered the chance of producing your own fresh orange juice. So overall a 3 point rating seems to be fair.
A word of warning in case you travel with a dog. Not only is the hotel asking 30 Franken per night for the dog, but Lausanne seems to be the least dog friendly town I have seen so far. There are even streets with dogs not allowed!

Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
CKunzler-Gloor, General Manager at Hotel du Marche, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2016

CKunzler-Gloor, General Manager at Hotel du Marche, responded to this review
Dear Reiner G,

Thank you for having taken the time to write a comment.

We are very sorry to read that some aspects of your stay were not as satisafactory as they should have been. As you noticed, for a few days we had to undertake some renovations in the hotel in order to keep up with the comfortability of our establishment.

We took good notes of your remarks and made sure these little « technicals problems » had been solved. We hope to welcome you again in the future in order to improve the first impression you had of the hotel (with your dog of course !).

Ilan - Receptionist