All reviewstop floorgreat view of the citybreakfast roomold towncroissantshotel experiencehotel is locatedmetro stationexcellent locationnice hotelcathedralrooftopsbalconyshampoofridgechannelscomfort
Reviewed 1 September 2017

I stayed for only one evening on a business trip and chose the hotel for it's location which was perfect.

Like many of the hotels in the region at this level it is an older building that was not purposely built as an hotel.

The entrance is not chic, and to be perfectly honest is a little bit dark and uninviting..

I have read many of the negative comments which seem a little but unfair but I can definitely understand them. Comments are always relative...

My room was clean, although a little bit cramped but there was an excellent terrace... which easily makes up for the lack of space..

The bed was comfortable and clean, I am a heavy sleeper so I can't comment on the noise.. I slept well..

Breakfast was good, even though the dining area is a little strange, there are several small rooms with tables rather than just one large dining area.. I was fortunate to have had a place on the terrace though which has an excellent view over the city and the mountains..

I would go back for a short, 1 or 2 business trip without any problem, but I don't pay the bill which I feel was expensive in relation to the quality..

Room Tip: Without any doubt, room 63,64 or 69 which have a private terrace, the 69 also has a great view over the lake/mountains.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed 24 July 2017

The hotel is quite basic with older furnishings and amenities. There is no air conditioning, so a high floor on a hot day is uncomfortable. The shower is tiny with a wrap-around shower curtain. There is no fitness center in the hotel. However, the location is wonderful near shopping, restaurants, the waterfront, a metro stop, and interesting buildings. The breakfast is included with the room and is also quite good with many fresh offerings.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 6th floor have the best views
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
CedricFiora3333, Directeur général at Crystal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Dear Guest,

I thank you very much for the comments, and for the stay at the Hotel Crystal.

With my best regards,

Reviewed 13 July 2017

Nice room with everything you need. It is not luxurious but offers the necessary comfort. The terrace on the breakfast is very cozy and offers a nice view over the rooftops of the city. All in all, a good hotel for a short city trip or for an overnight stay on the transit.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Title is related to quality/price ratio which is not satisfying.
Room 69 is big and clean, bathroom being too small.
Do not be surprised that for late arrival security is through electronic communication.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

Crystal is a wonderful hotel located in the center of Lausanne. I didn't really know what to expect, I simply needed a centrally located place in Lausanne for a weekend getaway.

And I wasn't disappointed. First of all - fantastic, helpful, multilingual and (I can't stress this enough!) friendly staff. Breakfast on a balcony overlooking the old town! My room had a balcony as well. Make sure you ask for rooms on the 5th floor when booking your room.

Parking costs 20chf and is located 300m from the hotel, but first of all it is in the center of the city and secondly - they offer you a complimentary public transport card for the duration of your stay. You won't have to use your car as long as you stay within Lausanne city limits.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled solo