Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$146
Hotels.comUS$146
PricelineUS$146
eDreamsUS$146
CheapTicketsUS$146
TravelocityUS$146
All reviews close to the train station pedestrian street boiled eggs convenient location yogurt small hotel noise bern lake geneva
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 July 2018

good convenient location, easy to get around in the city. 2 minutes away from the Train/metro station. Clean rooms, friendly staff and good breakfast. The rooms on the ground floor are a little noisy as its window opens onto the street.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Christophe d, Gérant at Hotel AlaGare, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Dear Madame, dear Sir,
A warm welcome, a rich buffet breakfast and very comfortable beds are our priorities.
With my kindest regards. J

Reviewed 1 July 2018

I had stayed this hotel many times and it’s best hotel for travellers who uses SBB trains many time during at day as it is convinently located at walking distance to Lausanne train station. All Basic facilities for business travellers is available, room are clean , nicely decorated , good breakfast , courteous and helping staff. Also lot of entertainment , touristic and everything at easy approach

Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Madame, dear Sir,
All of the Hotels et Patrimoine's hotels are developped around a theme, which is used in the decoration. Our guests experience a new, entertaining and relaxing environment in addition to the traditional hotel services.
We very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you soon again in hotel AlaGare.

Reviewed 29 June 2018

We stayed at Hotel AlaGare one night when we visited Lausanne. It's only a couple of minutes walk to the train station and for us the location was perfect because we took an early train to Bern the morning after. The room was great with comfy beds and a good bathroom. The hotel offered mobile phones that you could take with you out sightseeing which was very helpful. The breakfast was really great with lots of different bread, yoghurt, eggs, drinks and coffee. I will definitely stay again when visiting Lausanne next time.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Madame,

Many thanks for having taken the time to post your positive comment on Internet. We mostly appreciate it. Your appreciation of your stay will be forwarded to my team, which gives its best to make your stay a comfortable and easy one.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Se all know Switzerland is beautiful; even with this in mind, Lausanne has to be experienced to be believed; the views are amazing and the food is very good (yes it is expensive). Hotel AlaGare is very convenient if you are arriving and leaving by train as we were. The front desk staff were excellent and then included breakfast was really really good. On the downside it can be a little noisy with the windows open; that is because the train station is so close; the price you pay for convenience

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Reviewed 16 June 2018

this is a small hotel located close to the train station (and a Migros and a few small restaurants).. I had a superior double room; it was the size of half a North American hotel room. The bathroom and toilet were very modern. It took me awhile to learn to work the taps and shower. The room was very stuffy, even with the small air conditioning unit on.There were two hard back chairs and a small desk. The (cold) breakfast was great with many healthy choices including fruit. The worst part of the room was the carpet: it looked stained/very dirty! :-( My room looked out on the little courtyard so I did not have too much trouble with trains going by although I did hear them.

Dear Madame, dear Sir,

We will be replacing the carpet very soon.