Lowest prices for your stay
US$133
US$140
Free cancellation until 26/09/21
Agoda.com
US$103
Hotels.comUS$140
PricelineUS$118
travelup.comUS$161
All reviews train station booked a single room perfect location rooms are clean comfortable hotel lake
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 July 2018

I was a little bit scared when I first saw it. Old type hotel in the middle of a huge building. Even the reception had a 80” look. They warned me that I was going to stay in one of the smallest rooms of the hotel emphasizing that they had bigger ones. I will take they word on that. The room was quite small. The bathroom even smaller. But everything was very clean and functional. Let me say that the service is five stars. The breakfast is fairly good. To compensate you have all kinds of amenities. A great gym working 24h, wifi, even a mobile assistant the allows you to make VOIP phone calls outside the hotel (I didn’t used it). One of the best parts is the location. Near the center, near the port and 30 seconds walk from the train station. As good as it gets.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 6 July 2018

Stayed one night for business. Not great from the outside but location is superb, room was comfortable, good breakfast choice and really friendly staff. I would not hesitate to go back. Pizzeria next door is recommended as well.

Reviewed 4 July 2018

This is a great hotel to stay.
Amenities are fine. The hotel provide a local pass to travel within the city with local transport(second class).

The hotel get its main thumb ups for its Location and very friendly stuff.

Room tip: Try to avail road facing rooms. Lausanne station looks great from those rooms.
Date of stay: April 2018
2  Thank SubhamMukherjee1984
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

Arriving late to my hotel, the location was fine but from there my experience went downhill. This hotel claims to be 4-Star but has a lift that looks like it was built in the 1960s. My room was small to the extent that as I squeezed past the bed to get to the bedside table I bashed my toe on the hard square leg of the bed. I measured the gap at just a bit longer than a sheet of A4. Why couldn’t they buy a bed with recessed legs or rounded legs? Either would have been less likely to cause injury. Maybe it’s because the bed itself is so small that to have the legs any further in would risk having the bed capsize at the slightest deviation from being the middle of the bed. Bathroom? Would have been a whole lot better if the squeezy soap jars released some liquid soap. A solid bar of soap, given the price of the room, would have been welcomed at 11 pm last night; I really didn’t feel like calling a technician and waiting to get it fixed. Oh, but the bathroom has a paper sash across the toilet explaining in 4 languages that the toilet has been sanitizer! I hadn’t seen one of these in probably 20 years so either this hotel has taken all the world’s remaining quadrilingual toilet sash declarations or they are at least 20 years behind in their concept of service. Breakfast? Didn’t bother; went straight to Le Pain Quotidien to get something that might be predictable but at least reliably 21st century.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank LazyL_13
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

If you come to Lausanne by train, this hotel is well located, just across the street. It is also very close to the metro line, which helps a lot as the city is all hills. Our room on the fifth floor had a view over the station, of the lake and the mountains. The staff are friendly and helpful and breakfast is very good.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Yannis G, Directeur général at Hotel Continental Lausanne, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your so positive feedback, following your recent stay in our Hotel. It will be a great plaesure for us to welcome you back in a next occasion, and in the meantime, please accept our best regards

Yannis Gerassimidis – Gen. Manager