“Excellent Fine Dining & Service”

Restaurant Le Mirabeau
Reserve with
Restaurant Le Mirabeau is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 762 Restaurants in Lausanne
Price range: US$40 - US$101
Cuisines: French, Steakhouse, Swiss
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The specialties of our cuisine: the Chateaubriand, that you simply must try, or even the Bouillabaisse or whole sole and the latest creations: A diverse, seasonal kitchen inspired by the colorful market stalls, is served in accordance with the tradition of quality hospitality.
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Restaurant Le Mirabeau is for fine dining. We had an wonderful experience during our stay at the Hotel Mirabeau that was certainly enhanced by our lovely meal with attentive service from the friendly staff in its warm & cozy restaurant.

Seated quickly, we were given some time to peruse the extensive menu before our orders were quickly taken. Our guest had a cold melon soup with mojito sorbet and a Mirabeau salad bowl, and a “café gourmand” for dessert (a selection of three small portions of crème brûlée, a macaron, and a blanc-mange with a raspberry centre). My wife had Tagliatelle au pesto, a salad, and some Epesses wine, followed by apricot sorbet for dessert. I ordered a salad with Mirabeau dressing and the brochettes d’agneau (which came with a separate baked scallopped potatoes au gratin). The waitress recommended an excellent red wine from neaby Epesses in the renowned Lavaux wine region.

Everyone's meal was delicious. My lamb was perfectly medium as ordered, fork tender and very flavourful.

An overall excellent dining experience!

Mirabeau-Lausanne, Directeur général at Restaurant Le Mirabeau, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Dear OneWayVancouver,
I would like to thank you for your great review and highlighting the quality of the food, the selected local wine and the professionalism of the team.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Fairly nice hotel. Pleasant staff. 10 minute walk from train station at the most. Easy to use the cites tram system to get a view of the lake etc.. Good buffet breakfast

Mirabeau-Lausanne, Directeur général at Restaurant Le Mirabeau, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Dear Lucymom4,
I would like to thank you for your nice review and highlighting the friendliness of the team, the quality of the buffet breakfast and the location.

Reviewed 1 July 2017

I had opportunity to spend two nights in the hotel. I was welcomed by helpful service crew with BIG SMILE, and ready to support anytime attitude. I LOVE the room, particularly 501 is out of this world with beautiful paintings, Nespresso station, work station, and separate living room, basically a Suite! Breakfast is fantastic! You can walk from Lausanne train station and hotel is surrounded by amazing restaurants, pizzeria, kebab to most sophisticated fine dining in the town. What I like above all the most - friendly people!

Mirabeau-Lausanne, Directeur général at Restaurant Le Mirabeau, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Dear khemrajl2016,
I would like to thank you for your great review and highlighting the location, the room, the quality of the buffet breakfast and the friendliness of the staff.
We hope to welcoming you again while travelling to Lausanne.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

We were staying in the hotel for one night en route by train to Venice. We had intended to explore the town but thunderstorms put us off so we eat in the hotel restaurant. The food, wine and service were excellent and prices not too high for Switzerland.

Mirabeau-Lausanne, Directeur général at Restaurant Le Mirabeau, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

Dear RobtLoughborough,
I would like to thank you for writting your great comments about our restaurant. Thanks god for having bad weather that particular evening ;-).
We hope hosting you back very soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

The menu is quite varied, many wonderful choices. I had the steak tartare which was excellent, though the french fries were good I would have preferred them crispier. The service was good. I ate outside in the back garden as the weather was nice, and which is covered with trees that provide shade; nice ambience. I've eaten here before, inside, and again the food and service were excellent. Nonetheless, you pay a full price for what you get.

Mirabeau-Lausanne, Directeur général at Restaurant Le Mirabeau, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Dear Aestevespo,
I would like to thank you for highlighting the quality of the food and the service. I do agree that Switzerland can be expensive sometimes!
We look forward to hosting you again in a near future.