“Do not recommend this place at all”
Review of Sala thai

Sala thai
Ranked #1,478 of 1,838 Restaurants in Geneva
Price range: US$27 - US$55
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Very Slow service, we had to wait at least 35 - 40 mins for our entrées to be served (though I must say the soup was delicious).

What they claim is pad thai most definitely isn't. I was like eating noodle drowned in sauce.

The most alarming thing is the fact that they do not fully detail the ingredients used in their dishes. For people who may have nut allergies or any other type of allergy, it is very important that they let the customer know what ingredients are used.
Now if you are not familiar with pad thai and have a nut or egg allergy, you could be in big trouble.

I was told by someone who seemed to be the owner of the restaurant that egg was the main ingredient in the pad thai, I then politely asked him where it was written on the the menu and of course he couldn't tell me as isn't written anywhere on it.

Very disappointing.

1  Thank RKCee

Reviewed 14 November 2017

I like going back to this restaurant once in a while just to get away from the usual UN / diplomatic restaurant circuit or to have a quiet talk with someone. They have a good terrace which is nice in spring and summer. Service is friendly but sometimes slow. The good is OK, not the best Thai food in town but still authentic Thai and your average food. It's a good place to hang out and be satisfied with Thai food. Would definitely come back for its location, discretion and ok Thai food.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

I got food poisoned in this restaurant. It was the worse pad thai in my life, too oily, too sweet, the sauce was disgusting and the shrimps smelled like rotten. Probably it was not fresh and I felt very sick few hours later. My companion had a green curry chicken and the sauce was also below standards, too liquid, almost like water with a taste of curry. At least he did not get food poisoning.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

I use to go there regularly and use to find food very nice (years ago). Went back recently and was very disappointed. Food was not particularly good, place was nearly empty (only two other tables occupied aside from ours), and found a hair in my rice. Won't be going back...

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

The two times I've been there, there was only 2 or 3 persons and I understand why. Here are the bad points:
- Not clean: you can see dead flies and butterfly along the windows - this is disgusting. The toilets are also not clean and need a big renovation
- Language: the waiter doesn't speak French although it is the official language here. Why having an Indian waiter in a Thai restaurant? This makes a weird atmosphere
- Expensive: 30 chf for a curry is expensive and there is too little rice. I hate to see that if you want to get tap water, this chf 2.50. The ice tea is disgusting as they use powder - again to increase their margin without taking in the client. Why don't they just buy the Lipton bottle as all do...
-payment: they never tell u that you cannot pay with credit card until you receive the bill. Who the hell don't accept credit card. Very bad

3  Thank M D