“Most perfect spot for coffee and newspaper!”
Review of Creperie St-Pierre

Creperie St-Pierre
Ranked #980 of 1,848 Restaurants in Geneva
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Cité
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

This is one of the most picturesque spots in Europe: on a tiny street directly behind the St-Pierre Cathedral. On a pretty day there are few more heavenly spots. Other reviews speak of delays and average food; but for a coffee in the late morning (they open around 10), there was no wait and it tasted perfect.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

Our friends went to another local restaurant and had been there and back before we received our food. The food was fine but the wait was ridiculous when the place was not otherwise busy.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

Was there with my family late last year. 50 minutes wait for some crepes, way too much. Service is rude and indifferent, as if you are not there. Yes, ok, it is a plain simple crepe, it is not rocket science. Some of the people that manage the place or serve clients should find a new profession - it seems like they do not like very much their customers.

2  Thank pitsvetkov
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is a great and cozy place in the heart of historic old town Geneva. I️ had a great experience, with amazing crepes and decent service. However, there was one thing I️ was disappointed in. Sitting across the restaurant from me was a man with his wife. He came into the creperie after my group of people came in, and after around 20 other people had already arrived. After a short amount of time without ordering his food, he started yelling at the waiter, who was trying hard to handle the large amount of people that were in the restaurant that day. After my table had gotten our food, he rudely stormed out - what a jerk. Many other people hadn’t gotten their food yet either, but they were enjoying the cute and unique experience of this creperie. Furthermore, this man was so into himself that he even wrote a review just under mine titled “Worst restaurant experience ever.” What’s also pathetic is that his food was already on the way, and he left the restaurant just to go wait in another restaurant for food! What a smart guy. People like this need to learn about dignity and character before they falsely advise people to ignore things that they may really enjoy. Again - great place!

1  Thank Johnappleyard555
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Tourists, please DON'T go there. This is also valid for anyone else. I was born and raised in Geneva, and I feel it's my duty to warn you about this so-called restaurant.

On a rainy Saturday, my girlfriend's family and I decided to look for a cosy restaurant in the city historic center, and found this crepes restaurant. What a great idea, you might say. Well, it is ranked top three in the worst restaurant I ever entered.

After ten minutes of waiting, we finally got a table. The waiter was so unprofessional, we almost had to set our table ourselves. Then another fifteen minutes later, we could finally order our meals and drinks. And then it began: the drinks came quite quickly, but the meals (crepes, I mean it is almost instantly ready) took almost one hour to come. You can see the kitchen from the tables: don't worry if it smells like burned food, it's normal (at least for one of our crepes). No stress on the staff side, as one person of the kitchen crew (out of four) seemed to chill out while the others worked on a relaxed tempo, without caring much about the customers waiting for their food.

The food, served in time intervals so that some of the people at the same table could finish before the others even received their meals, was not really good, but not terrible.

Avoid this place. There's enough restaurants in Geneva for you to eat decent food in a decent time interval.

5  Thank Tommasi H