“If in search of fondue and not in a hurry this is the place!”
Review of Auberge de Saviese

Auberge de Saviese
Ranked #58 of 1,810 Restaurants in Geneva
Price range: US$25 - US$60
Cuisines: European, Swiss
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: L'Auberge de Saviese is a Cafe Restaurant full of charm and authenticity, located in the heart of the Paquis area. There, for more than fifty years, the restaurant has been perpetuating Swiss culinary traditions. You'll be able to discover regional specialties such as raclette, Cheese Fondue "Maison" or the special "Half & Half" Cheese Fondue. we also offer "Fondue Bourguignonne", "Fondue Chinoise" and "Fondue Bressane" as well as a large selection of pub meals. During the winter, in the warm and rustic ambiance of our Carnotzet, or in summer on the cool terraces, come and enjoy a happy and cordial atmosphere. The new staff will be delighted to welcome and advise you.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Very nice goat cheese fondue and an average classic one. But if you're looking for a nice and quite evening this is not the place as it is very crowded. The manager tries hard to accommodate everyone even without reservation but that can create a chaos. All in all we have enjoyed it, got a good table and tried a very nice fondue which was our goal.

Santiago H, Propriétaire at Auberge de Saviese, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our goat cheese fondue. Indeed we are particularly booked during the evening but as you perfectly mentioned it we always try our very best to give you the best possible Swiss experience.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon again I send you my warmest greetings.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We made the booking by internet and was really well. When arrive you going to a typical tyrol house, well decorated with wood in everywhere. A large selection of fondues and large options of meat and some fishs. Kids menu available.
The food is good quality and the plates are bigs. The maitre-owner is spanish, this make that the treat be warm and better. Large wine card and option of select some wines by glasses even by 0,3-0,5 dl. I like it too much when just one drink wine. If you are looking for a best value for money option in Geneva maybe this is the best option. Regards from Zaragoza.

Dear Javier,

Thank you very much for taking the time to letting us know about your recent visit in our restaurant. I am glad to read that everything was up to your expectations and that you enjoyed our chalet decoration as well as our Chef cuisine. Thanking you again for your kind recommendation we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Geneva.

Warm regards.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Last visited in December 2017, and made it a point to come again on a recent business trip to Geneva. Auberge de Saviese did not disappoint! I booked a table for one a couple of hours in advance, and was especially glad that I did as the dining room completely filled up during my meal. Ordered the fondue with champagne, bread, potatoes, as well as dessert. Everything was delicious, and the service was prompt and friendly despite the extremely full dining room. Highly recommend!

Santiago H, Propriétaire at Auberge de Saviese, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Augusta,

First of all thank you for your confidence in our restaurant, I am glad to read that you didn't get disappointed on your second visit and that everything was as good as the first time. As you perfectly mentioned it, it is always better to book a table in advance to be sure to have room at your arrival specially at night. I will not miss to communicate your kind words to all my staff.

Looking forward to welcome you back on your next trip to Geneva I send you my warmest greetings.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

During a recent business trip to Geneva, one of my colleagues brought me to this restaurant. After having lived in Switzerland for many years and now living abroad I was so pleasantly surprised with this authentic restaurant with an amazing Fondue. A must try while in Geneva and I will be back.

Dear Franchesca,

First of all thank you very much for your nice feedback. I am happy to read that you loved tasting our cheese fondues in our typical Swiss chalet decoration.

Looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Geneva I send you my kindest greetings.

Reviewed March 15, 2018

Myself and my three adult children had a great time at this restaurant. Very comfortable, made to feel welcome. Obviously a very busy restaurant but the wait staff know how to get everything to the table. We had salads, cheese fondue and the beef fondue and beer and wine and it was all great. I would recommend this restaurant for fondue in Geneva.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for letting us know your honest opinion on your recent visit in our restaurant. I am glad that you enjoyed our Swiss special dishes as well as the service we proposed you this evening. Thanking you for your recommendation and looking forward to welcome you back soon again, I send you my warmest greetings.