“Very bad experience”

Ranked #27 of 1,051 Restaurants in Pisa
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

We was guest in this "steak" restaurant in Pisa. We order for our son, as on menu was writting "Filet". What my son get was never Filet. The waitress try it to explain, that in this restaurant the Filet is cuting from t-bone steak. Such a nonsense doesnt deserved to be comment. Is a pity for every cent to pay for such a steak.

Cartraina, Proprietario at La Panacea, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Dear Sir, i do deduct that your experience ar rewiewer needs more practice,
In each and every country of this planet the cow has a different anatomic cut. In italy (e.g.) the lomb is divided in 3 parts. Filet head, Tbone, rib eye. The one you had was a filet head 100% filet. Nothin to do with ''entrecote'' as you said to my waitress.
First time in 20 years I heard someone complainting for a filet not a filet!!!
Also ... you've been the ery first one in 20 years who cover his pizza with a lot of Parmigiano Cheese Powder!!! Not bad. Two local records in the same night. Such a nonsense rewiew deserved to be commented!
Carlo Traina -Owner-

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

We ate the T-Bone Steak and it was just amazing.

I can’t don’t think I have to say anything more.

The Drinks are cheap (at least the Water we took) but really good.

1  Thank Luky273
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

My husband and I live in the area and I'm never disappointed when we dine at positively reviewed restaurants such as this one. Tuscany is food heaven. What compelled me to write the review was the service. Incredible. My parents were with us and they are not accustomed to courses and portions, etc. The owner was patient and accommodating. You could tell he and the rest of the staff take great pride in La Panacea. We enjoyed a delicious meal and can't recommend this spot enough. Thank you!

1  Thank smkirk
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

Incredibly we chose randomly the restaurant and we did not make mistake.
We were in 4 persons, I chose salad caprese and additional geen salad, my friend a Picanha,his wife caneloni a and my wife calzone... oh my God!! Stunning....
Waitress English speaker and good service overall....

1  Thank João F
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Not to be missed! Great food, great service, nice quiet location and very friendly people. Exceptional value for money.