All reviewsvegetable juiceegg boilerorange juicercharming hotelpainted wallsspa bathquiet side streetpastriesrooms are beautifulspacious roombaked applemodern amenitieshuge bathroomper dayold townwithin the wallsloved this hotel
Reviewed 15 June 2017

Having withstood the hordes of tourists in Florence it was a relief to come to the comparative calm of Lucca and stay at this gem of a hotel set within the City walls. The service and kindness we received was excellent. The continental breakfast choice was very varied and you felt that nothing had been pared down to save expense. The room we had was very spacious and the fittings in the bathroom were all modern and functioned correctly. The only small difficulty was the lack of storage space to put your clothes, which we found in most Italian hotels on our trip. The location within the city walls could not be bettered. The owners and staff were extremely helpful.

Room Tip: Our room on 1st floor was on the street, but it did not matter as there were no vehicles that reached this area.
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
Mirela D, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Alla Corte Degli Angeli, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2017

Thank for your review and all the kind words.
We are very glad that you enjoyed you stay in our hotel.
Kind Regards
Alla Corte degli Angeli

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

7 night stay in this wonderful hotel. Conveniently located and well worth the visit. This trip to Italy was to disconnect from our fast paced American lives and this hotel certainly made that possible by helping us immerse ourselves in the Lucchesi life. Great breakfast, strong wifi, and the laundry service did a great job freshening our clothes.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear Mr. Ernest,
Thank very much for your review.
For us it is very important to know that you had a lovey holiday in our hotel.
Wish you all the best
Kind Regards,
Alla Corte degli Angeli

Reviewed 27 May 2017

I really enjoyed this hotel. It is tucked away on a narrow street in the midst of the midieval center of Luca. Reception and dining areas are bright and cheerfull. Rooms are painstakingly decorated to maintain the midieval and lyric theme of the place and have all of the expected amenities well-executed. The rooms, instead of being numbered, are named for cherubim. While it seems corny, I found it kind of fun to be Gilio, instad of the guy in 102.

The restaurant is first-rate and well worth your time. If you are at all interested in wine, do not miss an opportunity to do a wine tasting (fifteen minutes) or, better yet, take a one-hour class with the sommelier. He is a very pleasant and intensely interesting fellow with a comprehensive knowledge, not only of the local wines, but of wines in general and the wine business. His English if fluent and requires no effort to understand.

I not only would stay here again. But I would alter an itinerary in order to do so.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed 10 May 2017

What a great location !! I'm so pleased I stayed and I am already planning my return.
The hotel suited me as I was by myself but would be a lovely spot for a couple. Being in Lucca you just have to stay inside the wall otherwise what's the point - right !!
I just loved the room - they all have different names, mine was the Ibisto, and it's on the top floor. It's a good size and the shower was great. The Breakfasts are Amazing. The hotel is literally 1 minutes walk to the shops and restaurants that are all around. You just have to go to Lucca, stay in this hotel and shop, drink and eat - well worth the effort - given that I'd come all the way from Australia !!

Room Tip: The Ibisto room has an amazing ceiling
  • Stayed: March 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed 7 May 2017

We stayed here for 2 nights. Hidden away behind the city wall in the back streets of Lucca, it was a real experience and taste of Italian hospitality. Getting to the hotel was different. We were part of a small bus tour and the bus was not allowed inside the walls of Lucca so we were left at the gates and had to walk to the hotel. No big deal as hotel staff collected our luggage from the bus

The room itself was nothing special, a basic room with bed, tv and ensuite bathroom. The artwork painted on the walls was certainly something different and I'm still not sure whether I loved it or hated it.

Service was impeccable, staff were friendly and helpful and the restaurant provided tasty, fresh food on both nights. The breakfast was the usual European fare.

Lucca was one of our favourite stops along the way.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple