“Overpriced average Gelato”

Ranked #221 of 233 Dessert in Florence
Neighborhood: Pitti
Neighborhood: Pitti
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Gelato is average, way overpriced, nothing special. The desserts looked bleak. 8 euro for gelato is too much and the quality is not that good either

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Like us, you may not check reviews for restaurants when you first arrive in Florence just because you’re enthralled to finally be here. That is a MISTAKE.

After a late arrival last evening, we tried two other restaurants that were closing, so when we saw a small cafe still open that looked cute, and served food and gelato, we quickly stopped. Score!

It was cute & convenient & open. That’s the upside. The downside? Our food was overpriced & greasy — the worst we’ve had in Italy so far (including several stops at the AutoGrille). And the gelato was mediocre & grossly expensive, as well. But the kicker? They charged us for our bottled drink, PLUS 6,50€ EACH for glasses they foisted on us that we didn’t even want. (We seriously poured our own drink from the plastic bottle.)

I KNOW not to stop places that don’t show their prices. I know a Trip Advisor sticker does not equal an endorsement. I know places in touristy areas often scam their patrons. We avoided anything like that in Venice & Lake Como, but it was late last night. And maybe avoiding those places earlier in our trip made me soft.

My final advice: Avoid at all costs! Just go to sleep hungry if you have to. It’s seriously not worth it!

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Prices not displayed conspicuously. When I asked before ordering how much, instead of answering my question, the waitress innocently replied “you pay there” so I thought she didn’t understand me. Later I find out it’s 8 Euro per cone. Everywhere else is 3.50. And gelato much better at Venchi and ANY other gelateria!
Avoid. Gelato is too sweet

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

We popped in here on an urge, big mistake. A word of advice if they have no prices don’t buy, and sitting here in the Bar we cannot see prices for anything anywhere on any wall. In Florence you can buy a Gelati one scoop for 2.50 to 3.50. This place sells them for €6.50 for a single cone.

Do yourself a favor avoid this place.

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

Went here because the place we wanted to go to nearby was closed. Should've checked reviews. It was terrible. All employees were rude and unhelpful. The gelato is WAY overpriced (by 2-3 times) and it is the only place where you can only have one 1 flavor that we encountered. It was not tasty. The place was not clean. No toilet for customers. Worst experience in Florence.