Bonciani Hotel
Hotel Universo(Florence)
  • Free Internet
Hotel Nizza(Florence)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe main train stationbuffet breakfast istea and coffeelounge areaour room was spaciousfew minutes walkold buildingponte vecchioattractionsuffizi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 27, 2018 via mobile

Location was amazing, next to the station and 3 minutes walk till Duomo. Breakfast was very good unless other hotels we stayed before. I recommend the hotel. Our room was good enough plus I liked the design of the hotel as well.

Stayed: June 2017
Reviewed January 12, 2018

This establishment should be closed by the health authorities (SLA)The rugs are old, dirty and smell. Bathroom cleanliness could not be worse! See the pictures for yourself.
Upon arrival I had asked for a quiet room which I received. However I noticed the entrance was a bit old, dirty and unkept and asked the clerk if at least the room was clean and he said “of course.” There are ugly dirty old vending machines in the entrance which should say it all.
For any price, it is not worth the money. Only Italian channels. Lighting is poor at best.
There must be other 3 star hotels in Firenze which are in better shape.
This is at level of maybe a 1 star joint!

Room Tip: I would try to find another suitable location.
  • Stayed: January 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed January 9, 2018

I had a great stay at the Bonciani. This cozy and quiet hotel is conveniently located within a short walk from Florence's greatest sights - Duomo/S. Maria del Fiore, Piazza della Signoria, Uffizi, Ponte Vecchio, Casa di Dante, and more - the best restaurants, shopping, and the main train station. The hotel is comfortable, the staff extremely friendly and helpful, and you will not miss anything while staying here. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 10, 2017

A budget hotel in an otherwise pricey environment for hotels. Room was small, not too clean ... don't plan to do anything else then come to sleep and leave. Not comfortable to spend time in the room. But location is great and rather central. Breakfast was as budget as the whole hotel. Served the purpose but not much more than that. Would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to get a back facing room ... lots of street noise on the front
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed September 29, 2017

So let me start by saying that the location gets 1 star - which as great! We were only around 5 mins from the train station and no more than 15 from all the sights. About 30 mins to get to the sights on the other side of the river but thats a good day trip. At first I thought it looked ok, but going up the stairs to room 253 on the 2nd floor stunk of dust - i was quite sneezy but luckily brought anti allergy tabs with me! The lights buzzed everywhere and it was all a bit dated. The bathroom was nice and had good amenities though here was some damp and mould around the bath - which I understand can cost a lot to sort out. The room wasn't very clean and the carpet was pretty dusty - I was shocked when I pulled back the desk and bedside tables to discover loads of dust. We couldn't be bothered to complain as we saw other people's poor reviews and we only stayed here because we couldn't get anywhere else as our airbnb had a last minute cancellation due to a water leak. The wi-fi didn't work at all in our room though every now and then we would be suprised when a message would suddenly some through! Due to this we went to the communal area on the ground floor to use the wifi though unfortunately there was lots of mosquitos and flies (which bit us lots...) we noticed lots of mosquitos at breakfast also. I understand that mosquitos come and go as they please but preventative measures should be in place and are fairly cheap. The good hotel we had just stayed in in Pisa had many of the plug ins around which worked and they were available to use in your room. Breakfast was poor; cheap juice, cheap coffee, some croissants which were fine, cereals etc and ham and cheese and bread. Would've been nice to be offered brown bread as an alternative to white but it was ok as we weren't expecting anything grand. Wouldn't recommend but wasn't expecting to due to this being a last minute choice - though I will say again that the location was perfect and the staff were friendly.

Room Tip: Wifi didn't work in rooms on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple