1,527 results
All reviews free glass of prosecco tower room steam room palazzo strozzi five star hotel fabulous hotel happy hour our honeymoon quiet side street free mini bar turn down service every evening perfect location junior suite would highly recommend this hotel special thanks city break
Reviewed 24 September 2016

Golden Towers

This is the hotel where I was reminded of what a genius Alfred Hitchcock was as I watched The Birds with the sound off since it had been dubbed in Italian. It is centrally located in Florence within easy walking distance of all the major sites. Our room was a bit odd in that we entered it on one floor and then climbed a set of spiral stairs to reach the actual room. Because we were (as near as I can figure out) in the attic, our window was high up on the wall with no hope of seeing out of it because of our own vertical challenges (my niece and I are on the short side). As it turns out, that made for a very quiet room which was a blessing in disguise (in other words, we slept well every night).

The room was lovely, clean, nice linens and large enough for us to spread our stuff out. This was the one room where we had a bit of trouble finding outlets that would fit the adapters we had with us (Italy comes complete with outlets in two sizes) but after a bit of a search we were able to find two that would work.

The breakfast, included with our rate, was a typical continental spread with a little bit of this and a little bit of that. They also had an afternoon spread here – with a complimentary drink – that was enough for us to skip dinner on the night when we got back a bit later and were too tired to venture out in search of food (that’s the night I watched The Birds, in case you are wondering).

The staff here is very helpful and the common areas are comfortable and clean. My one piece of advice is that they charge a lot to do your laundry at this hotel (this could be because every piece comes back individually wrapped in plastic which is really quite spectacular in its own expensive way).

Bottom line? A nice boutique hotel located within easy walking distance of all the major sites. Helpful staff, nice linens, good-sized rooms but very expensive laundry service.

Room Tip: If seeing out a window is important, ask about that when checking in.
  • Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family
Golden Tower Ho... S, Responsabile reception at Golden Tower Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear NancyL,

Thank you so much for choosing our Hotel for your stay in Florence and for taking the time to share your wonderful and detailed review.
We are happy to hear that we met your expectations, and please, contact us directly if you are planning another holiday in Florence, will be a pleasure to have the chance to welcome you back to the Golden Tower Hotel & Spa.

Reviewed 23 September 2016

If you're looking for a unique, small hotel in a great location, this is a perfect place for you to stay. My husband and I chose The Golden Tower based on a recommendation from family and TripAdvisor reviews and we were not disappointed. The room was beautiful and classically decorated. It had modern amenities but old world charm. The staff was friendly, helpful, and always smiling. The breakfast options were perfect before heading out each morning for long walks exploring the beautiful city of Florence. We were able to walk to restaurants, museums, attractions, etc. The Golden Tower is truly in the best location while being small and unassuming at the same time. My husband used the spa and enjoyed it, but I did not get to experience it myself so I cannot review it personally. I would highly recommend this hotel if staying in Florence and would stay here again myself when in Florence on future travel.

Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple

Dear doodah1,

Thank you so much for choosing our Hotel for your stay in Florence and for taking the time to share your wonderful review.

Reviewed 23 September 2016

Third visit to this hotel because it is perfectly situated within walking distance of museums, shops and restaurants. Friendly, courteous and helpful staff. Good choice at breakfast. Cleanliness all around the hotel is excellent. We are very fussy but couldn't find fault with anything about this hotel.

Stayed: April 2016, traveled as a couple

Dear chrisgilham2016,

Thank you so much for choosing our Hotel for the third time and for taking the time to share your wonderful review.

We are happy to hear that we met again expectations, and please, contact us directly if you are planning another holiday in Florence, will be a pleasure to have the chance to welcome you back for the fourth time to the Golden Tower Hotel & Spa.

Reviewed 23 September 2016

The Golden Tower Hotel is ideally situated to reach all points if interest in the city. The advice given in arranging tickets fro all amenities was excellent and the hotel itself is of a very high standard.

Room Tip: The room was comfortable and well appointed. It had a "sunken" bath which might prove difficult for anyone with a disability!
Stayed: May 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed 23 September 2016

I took my wife to Florence for our 10 year wedding anniversary. The city is wonderful and very romantic, as its very small its easy to walk everywhere.

The Golden Tower is a lovely hotel and made our city break very special. Food and accommodation was fantastic and the spa was a lovely treat at the end of the day after a day walking around the city.

Hopefully we will get back soon and would recommend it to everyone.

Stayed: June 2016, traveled as a couple