Lowest prices for your stay
US$161
Expedia.comUS$158
Trip.comUS$159
TravelocityUS$158
1,384 results
All reviews beautiful hotel central location antique furniture breakfast room reception staff cannoli superior room old town room was large on foot pastries street centre city veronica terrace century
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 November 2020

We had a comfortable stay at this hotel. The best feature was the great location right in the centre of the old town. It is ideal for anyone who like me, likes to get to know a city by walking it. It was less than 1 min walk to Quattri Centro and 2 min to the lovely Piazza Bellini, Santa Caterina and Martorana churches & the wonderfully named, Fountain of Shame. It was just 5 min to the Vucciria market and 10 min to Teatro Massimo and Capo markets. This meant that we could easily explore the city by foot.

The entry and lobby are quite grand. It was originally an 18th century palazzo and it retains some of that charm and a sense of faded old-world elegance. The hotel itself is of a palatial size and is a bit of a maze. Although I got lost every single morning on the way to the breakfast room and occasionally got lost in corridors going to my own room, I liked that the long, winding halls and hidden corners were styled with antique furniture, vases, artwork and ornamentation.

Front desk service was consistently friendly and welcoming.

Our room was clean but a little dated and a bit dark, without much natural light. The bathroom was a reasonable size and certainly big enough for two people. The shower was a bath/shower combination and there was a generous supply of shampoo, conditioner and other toiletries. Importantly, the room was quiet at night which, given its central location, was a big plus. All in all, it was an excellent room for the price range.

The buffet breakfast was particularly good and included yoghurts, juices, fruit, cold meats and cheeses, a selection of hot food and a large range of pastries (cannoli, cakes and chocolate croissants). The breakfast room itself was an attractive space with high ceilings, white tablecloths and antique dressers.

Overall, the hotel was good value and in an excellent central location. I would stay there again.

Date of stay: February 2020
6  Thank Mairwen1
Reviewed 8 September 2020 via mobile

I booked this place on the understanding that it had a car park on site. After initially being given an incorrect address from the booking company, I rang the hotel to be told the car park was full but I could park elsewhere and walk a few hundred metres from there, which with bags and having arrived late at night was not welcome. This could have been manageable but the receptionist gave us the wrong directions and walked in blasting heat the wrong way for 80 minutes and several further phone calls before finding the property. Unlike the description, there was no bath but this was fortunately rectified. At gone midnight we finally went in search of food as there wasn’t even a bottle of water in the hotel.
The following morning at checkout I aired my grievances to the manager who insisted everything was fine, prompting me to have to remind him it was his job to satisfy his customers, not fob them off with straight faced B.S.
I would leave this place well alone and let it fester. You can do a lot better.

Date of stay: September 2020
2  Thank stability
Reviewed 6 September 2020 via mobile

The hotel is located very central. The rooms are okay nothing special and that is reasonable considering the price. The staff at the front desk were helpful with amongst others recommendations, arranging the transfer to the airport and letting us use the hotel refrigerator (since the one in our room did not work). Overall good value for money.

Date of stay: September 2020
2  Thank A00MI
Reviewed 4 September 2020 via mobile

Absolutely wow factor when you enter the hotel from small narrow street of Palermo. Amazing decoration. Hotel is big with lot of corners and rooms to discover and relax. Room was large with TV and small fridge and safe. We had balcony overviewing Quanto Canti, just amazing and breathtaking. Bathroom really need update. Breakfast just normal, because of COVID not much choice. If you want a plate with salami and cheese, you have to ask, which we didn’t know, because nobody mentioned this to us, just when we were leaving breakfast we noticed there must be this option as they brought the plate to the next table. We had just croissant (not amazing), yogurt, fruit. Coffee not the best.
The staff at the reception was very friendly and helpful. Overall this hotel just took our breath with its beauty and we forgive everything else

Date of stay: August 2020
3  Thank AndreaTul
Reviewed 30 August 2020 via mobile

Hi there, I don’t normally write reviews BUT with such amazing service from Veronica and the general staff at this lovely hotel, in walking distance of everything you need. The fact that it’s Covid, they also have great hygiene practices in place. No hot breakfast due to Covid but trust me in this hot August weather they provide lovely selection. Thank you from guest Ripa.

Date of stay: August 2020