Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews quirky hotel excellent location double bed room was spacious noise velux etna
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 December 2020

Lovely comfortable bedroom and spacious rain shower / bathroom, small balcony overlooking picturesque buildings - just a shame no chairs to sit on or in room!
All staff were very pleasant and helpful as needed. Excellent location for everything in old town Catania which was unexpectedly delightful.
Great breakfasts.
Only negative was noise from room above, I assume from the raised plinth the bathrooms situated on - poor architectural choice!!

Date of stay: October 2020
1  Thank JuliaM_11
Reviewed 17 August 2020

Nice rooms, modern but not too much - Had everything we really needed and climate control did its job. Friendly personnel that helped us with booking a good restaurant for Ferrogosto and recommended beach clubs. Great breakfast with lots of fruit and home made products

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2020 via mobile

Modern hotel in centre of Catania. Room was very modern and clean. Standout was how helpful the staff were - providing recommendations and making reservations for restaurants and Etna crater tour. They even provided us suggestions for the next stop of our trip in Taormina. Special thank you to Marco, Marianna and Valentina for all your help (including sourcing a wine tour for which we unfortunately didn’t manage to fit in during this trip). Breakfast was also really good - loads of fresh fruit including freshly made smoothie/juice.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2020

I've booked a refundable room for a 4-night stay at Habitat Catania through Booking. I've checked in on Monday, March 9, just before the Italian government's announcement that Italy would go into lockdown the next day.
After calling my embassy to get some information about the situation for travelers in Italy I contacted the reception to ask about a helpline of the Italian Health Ministry. They just laughed, said there was no problem whatsoever in Sicily, and ironically asked who in the government would I like to talk to. I was appalled by this attitude and returned to my room.
The next day, March 10, I decided to check out and return back home due to the lockdown and emergency state in Italy. To my surprise, again they downplayed the situation, asked why I was checking out earlier and refused to give me a refund for the remaining 3 nights.
I know Booking has a Forced Circumstances Policy that covers cancellations in all Italy due to the coronavirus outbreak with no penalties so I contacted them and they asked the hotel for a refund but Habitat still refuses to do so.
Habitat says they can only offer me a voucher for another date this year according to their rates and availability, which is laughable because who knows what's happening until the end of the year with the coronavirus situation.
All small accommodations, tour companies, and even airlines are offering refunds, no questions asked, but Habitat refuses to do the right thing and treats its guests like cash cows. It's not enough to have a pretty hotel. Business means also ethics, and these guys have none!

Date of stay: March 2020
2  Thank VandaMendonca
Marianna_Nociforo, Proprietario at Habitat, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2020

Dear Vanda,
firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your feedback about your most recent stay at Habitat.
I truly appreciate your comments and I take this occasion to assure you that I am personally proceeding on checking about what happened with all the staff on duty.
The policy of our hotel is usually oriented to deliver a high level of service. I am very sorry if we did not meet your expectations but unfortunately you happened to be our gust in a very critical circumstance which is effecting negatively the entire country.
We offered you a voucher for the rest of your unspent journey as many other hotels and flight careers are doing locally and in the rest of Italy. At the time you asked, this seemed to us the best option as opposed to the cancellation policy you chose initially with no reimbursement provided. We would have found a more suitable option for you if only you would have gave us the opportunity to find one, instead of accepting the voucher apparently with no disapproval and coming back to us through booking.com to lament.
Naturally I share your frustration over the facts and I sincerely hope that this unfortunate episode will not prevent you from choosing to stay with us again, should your travel plan take you ever back to Catania.

With regards
Marianna N.
Owner at Habitat

Reviewed 28 January 2020

Split between two buildings at the same address, this hotel is quite quirky. The reception and breakfast room are in one building accessed from a shared courtyard. However, the majority of the rooms are on the renovated upper floors of the main building. All the rooms are very pleasantly modern and elegant. The negative point for the rooms is the smart home electronics for controlling the windows, blinds, heating, lighting, etc. At first, we had problems opening the Velux windows. It would be helpful if the hotel would provide clear instructions for people who are unfamiliar with this technology. The bed was comfortable, and the room was quiet. The highlight of this hotel was the extensive breakfast buffet, which was the best we had on our vacation in Sicily. There is a vast selection of savory and sweet items, mostly organic. A big plus was the abundance of fresh seasonal fruits, from freshly cut fruit to deliciously fresh-squeezed juices and smoothies.

Date of stay: January 2020