Lock in the lowest price from these sites
FindHotel
Hotels.com
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 July 2015

If our son had not lived in Catania we may never have found the place. Ask for specific directions before you travel. Bus system is difficult, but several bus stops within the block. The inside knowledge was very important.

Once we arrived, Sandra made us feel at home. Only needed passports for check-in, returned promptly. Didn't feel the "hostage effect" mentioned by other reviewers. We were on the side closest to carnival, however not a noise or light problem with the balcony door closed and the curtains pulled.

Small room and even smaller shower ( Small even for European standards.) The balcony made up for it. Helped with the great ocean view.The room was clean and smelled fresh.

Nice breakfast the 2 days we were there. Fresh each day with variety, fruit, danish and meat/cheese plate. Bus stop very near and within walking distance of several places to eat as well as a market and ATM.

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2015 via mobile

Many thanks, Sandra, for making me feel so at home. After years of staying in hotels for work I've made the concious decision to opt now for BnB accommodation and I have no regrets so far. Each experience has been extremely positive and it's a pleasure to meet real people on every occasion. You're not a customer but a guest and this makes all the difference.
A real pleasure which I hope to repeat more often.

Date of stay: February 2015
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2014

My family and I spent 3 nights at B&B Venere in Catania. The B&B is located in an ugly and rundown council house building, far from the historic centre and on the doorstep of a permanent funfair noisy throughout the night. The rooms are nicely decorated and comfortable and hygiene standard is good. Breakfast is mediocre, with limited selection, no fresh milk or and for three days in a row we were offered the exact same cake. At arrival the owner asked us for the passports for registration which she refused to return until the bill was paid. We agreed to pay a day in advance to have our documents back. Needless to say: AVOID the place.

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank ZyanaLondon
SandraCaponnetto, Proprietario at Venere B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2017

"When the fox can't reach the grapes he says that they are sour"
Each day 1000 excuses for not paying.
Best thing is not to comment...
I could offend you........

Reviewed 21 May 2013

We stayed for two nights. The rooms are nice and comfortable, breakfast was very good, but the neighborhood is questionable and noisy. When you arrive, they take your passports and don't return them until you have paid for your stay in full, a sign of mistrust I didn't like.

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Frank1008
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Our party of four stayed one night only at Venere B&B in June 2012. I wish we could have stayed longer! Sondra,(or is it Sandra?) our hostess, was so down-to-earth and amiable, I felt like she was one of the family!
From the outside, we didn't know what to expect, but once we saw our rooms we were very happy. I shared a room called Elio with my cousin, and my sister and her husband had the room called Aphrodite. Both rooms were beautiful and spotless. My room had a balcony from which I watched the sun rise quite spectacularly.
In the morning ,we had THE most delicious cornettas (croissants) in all of Italy! They were light and fluffy and dusted with powdered sugar.

Sandra arranged a tour of Mt. Etna with a lovely guide named Maria. She gave us a wonderful tour of the volcano and some of its caves.We stopped for a tasting of olives, oil, and honey, and we had lunch. It was a memorable day!

Sondra did everything to help us get around, even writing a letter in Italian for us to show the bus driver when we took the bus to the Duomo! Even though we had checked out, she allowed us to leave our luggage there so we could visit the Duomo without it, returning later to pick it up!

It was a delightful experience to stay at Venere Bed and Breakfast!

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Bernice C
SandraCaponnetto, Proprietario at Venere B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2012

Dear Bernice,
I am really honored to receive review like yours, full of positive impressions about our B&B Venere and me ( Sandra, not Sondra!)
I am so happy that you felt like me was one of the family! :-)
Thank you very much!
I hope that you will have another opportunity to come in Catania and visit us in our B&B Venere again! ;-))
With my best regards,