“Where the locals go, so you know it's good!”

Pasticceria Da Bonifacio
Ranked #1 of 29 Bakeries in Venice
Neighborhood: Castello
Neighborhood: Castello
Reviewed 30 May 2018

We loved having breakfast over here. A short walk from our hotel, we were the only tourists in there in the AM, surrounded by local Italian regulars. I knew enough Italian and about how to order to communicate with one of the women behind the counter who seemed to know very little English, but the woman making the coffee knew enough to greet tourists, certainly.

I had a mandorla sfogiatelle, which was just amazing!

Hard to find if you don't know where you're going, so research ahead, don't just hope to stumble upon it.

2  Thank Kathryn V

Reviewed 20 May 2018

We stopped by here a couple of times for a quick breakfast. This place is quite authentic and they have delicious pastries. I tried the croissant and cookies with apricot jam. My friends also had coffee which was very nice. This is a very small place and quite hard to find. I had to use my GPS basically to find it.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Had croissants and coffee for breakfast. Small place, you need to have it standing or take away. Frequented by locals and that’s always a good sign. Freshly baked stuff and good value for money.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I loved this coffee bar. It’s tucked away in a quiet street that’s close to the tourist area of San Marco and Palazzo Ducale. My husband and I were the only non-Italians there and we thoroughly enjoyed our coffees and pastries. An excellent quick breakfast spot that won’t break the bank.

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

I have visited this pasticceria many times, but especially now during the carnival season.

They have the best fritelle in Venice! Fritelle are like fried donuts filled with various fillings. They were divine! Especially the Nutella ones.

They also have one of the best coffees and also yummy savoury and sweet snacks.

The service is always excellent.

Highly recommended.