“Paradize”

Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Castello
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I went on cruise on Mediteran for my honneymoon and last stop was Venice. We booked dinner in this restaurant and it was perfect.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We ate here first time in May. Booked again for this trip. You must book well in advance as they only have 22 seats.

Absolutely the freshest seafood dishes, wonderful selection of wine and desserts

Luca is the best!

Reviewed October 14, 2017

We had one of the best meals of our lives when we visited a year ago. The restaurant is tiny and the food prepared with love.

...but you need to make your reservation before that of your hotel or your flights as there is little chance you will get in otherwise.

We dropped by one evening on the off chance that a table might be available and were politely told that they were fully booked several weeks ahead, but that if we arrived at noon the following day for lunch we might get a table.

Following these instructions to the letter, we arrived at noon the next day to be told that they were fully booked! (We hadn't been given the opportunity to book the previous day).

So disappointed we left...we'll try again next year.

Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

Having read the reviews I selected this restaurant for our final dinner in Italy, as we ended our honeymoon in Venice. I reached out about 1 month in advance and made the 7pm reservation via email, which went smoothly. You will be asked to provide your credit card number and will be charged if you no-show.

The atmosphere and service were great, and the food was delicious. Very intimate as the place seats about 20. I did know going in that things would be expensive, but didn’t quite realize that the portions, especially the pasta would be quite small. We started with clams to share, and each had the pumpkin ravioli. Still hungry we added on the grilled lagoon squid for secondi to share, and each had dessert. Everything was tasty and fresh. In the end our bill was about €135, including a glass of house white wine each.

We definitely enjoyed our experience here, but it probably wasn’t our favorite meal of our trip!

Reviewed October 11, 2017

We have eaten at Osteria alle Testiere for many, many years........and every time that we come to Venezia we have made reservations through our hotel concierge to eat there......we are now staying here for a month in Castello.......we stopped in today after a morning run (I was in a baseball cap and running clothes, my husband waiting outside in the same).......I approached the back of the crowded restaurant and waited while the waiter (whom I recognize has been there for years, then the chef came from the kitchen and conversed with him) and I waited until I was acknowledged..........when I was acknowledged I said, Buon giorno........I then asked if it was possible to get a reservation for next week? I was told no, we are all booked, then I asked for the following week, again no, we are all booked until November 3rd.........I said oh, we are only here until November 1.........I said how about pranzo (lunch)........was told that maybe there were "some holes"........unfortunately, Venezia has taken an attitude with tourists.......they don't seem to care anymore about being polite or nice as their restaurant will be busy regardless.........however, we will never go back and will tell all our friends and Trip Advisor readers to STAY AWAY! There are many restaurants away from the "well known" that are better and we can enjoy a fine dinner........we went to Harry's Bar on Monday night for dinner and were treated just like the first time 20 years ago..........with warmth and hospitality by none other than Arrigo Cipriani
! Bye, Bye Osteria alle Testerie!

1  Thank galaxypark83