“Great Gelateria!”
Review of Gelateria il Doge

Gelateria il Doge
Ranked #10 of 86 Dessert in Venice
Neighborhood: Dorsoduro / Accademia
Description: In the eastern corner of the Campo Santa Margherita square, it is run by two cousinswho make their own seasonal gelatos and ices, and it has to be one of the the very best gelaterias in Venice! Read your forum for more on this one.
Reviewed June 5, 2016

This is a fantastic little ice-cream place. Only €1.50 per scoop which is great value. All made from natural ingredients. Ameretto, chocolate, and chocolate chip flavours were great. So good I went straight back for another one! Highly recommended!

Reviewed June 2, 2016

I can make this review short or long, but the essential part is, that Gelateria Il Doge, at the far end of the charming Venice square Piazza Santa Margherita, serves, in my opinion, the best home made ice cream in the world. And I am a bit of an ice cream fanatic and have seen a good part of the world. The selection of flavours is wonderful; not only the "usual suspects" you will find everywhere, but some wondrous flavours I have never seen anywhere else. My favorite flavour is "Crema di Doge" with a touch of orange. If in Venice, go to Gelateria "Il Doge". You will never look back.

Reviewed May 31, 2016

The best ice cream I've ever had - and I'm not a youngster. Great flavours and reasonable prices. It was a little far our of our way, but definitely worth the extra steps.

Reviewed May 28, 2016 via mobile

It's tough to rate an ice cream but truly this Italian Gelateria is great. Tucked away in a corner while walking from Piazza Roma to San Marco Rialto it's easily found and since its roughly half way makes a good stop to enjoy a scoop or two. Cone or cup.

Reviewed May 28, 2016

We went to this gelateria after dining at an Osteria in Campo Santo Margherita. The ice creams are delicious, don't taste too 'eggy' - I'm not a fan of raw egg - and have lovely natural flavours. The staff are friendly too.