All reviewsgondola stationno liftcanal viewsan moise canalgreat locationgondoliers singingrooms are smallfirst floorst mark's squareextra blanketscold meatstop floorcroissantspriced hotelset you up for the daythe breakfast areasmall canal
Reviewed 13 August 2016

I absolutely love traveling to Venice. This by far was my least favorite experience at a hotel. I booked the superior room w/canal view because the advertising implied it was bigger. Well, if that was bigger I would hate to see what regular room looks like.

The TV was from the 60's probably and about 10inches. We weren't watching much anyway but i do like to catch the news at the end of the day.

The AC DID NOT work, I told reception and the gentleman said he would check when we leave. Upon our return he said we had the AC off so he turned it on and closed the windows. i did move it to see if it was working which it was not but I knew that wasn't the issue. After 3 days of no AC I wondered if their idea of an AC was the same as mind because there was an obviously difference of opinion on the word "on". I will say that I am rarely cold, even in hot weather, so i know this would be miserable to a lot of people.

NO ELEVATOR, so request on the 1st floor so you have to carry your luggage up only one flight of stairs.

Overall, for what i paid, I was extremely disappointed. The only good thing, was the location.

I would not stay here again although the staff were pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SoulOfATraveler
Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

Typical Venice hotel, small rooms but functional with some effort. Extremely clean, reception staff fantastic & very helpful. Breakfast was also great. Great Location. Would recommend due to close proximity of San Marco square & facilities around. Gondola ride straight in front of hotel

Stayed: July 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2016

Well, at $150 for a night 5 minutes from St Marcus Square, you don't expect much. The room was small, the airco not sufficiently effective, and the included breakfast was little more than cereals, rolls and some cold cuts. Sheets, towels, etc was nice & clean though. It was absolutely fine for one night after our cruise.

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bjorn E
Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

This hotel was perfect for what we needed. Small room but very clean. No elevator so make sure you are prepared for some stairs. Location was great-- a 3 minute walk to San Marco square. Front desk staff was so sweet ( even walked us toward the restaurant one night when we were lost). Breakfast was great!

Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen B
Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

This is perfect, hidden gem on the side of a canal, book the canal view room and you can watch the busy bustle of gondolas cruising past your window, the hotel has a wonderful sweet incense smell in reception, staff are friendly. Breakfast is lovely, Italian continental, plenty of it. Perfect location 5 min walk from Saint marks square and 5 from 2 main vaporessa taxi boats and walkable to anywhere else on the island. Tips... When you arrive at train station st Lucia, straight on vaporessa to giglio boat stop and 2 min walk away. For your 2 or 3 days in Venice do purchase a 2 or 3 day boat ticket, this will allow you to manoeuvre around easily. Or the 24 hour special to all islands inc Murano and burano but includes a suitcase to go back to the train station with when leaving. Vaporessa tickets can be bought on the boat so don't panic. Lisbona is a great place to stay, while wandering around I have not seen a better choice, love this place. I must say, booking dot com photos don't do it justice.

Stayed: July 2016, traveled with friends