Lowest prices for your stay
US$72
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$72
FindHotel
US$65
Hotels.comUS$72
PricelineUS$70
HurbUS$93
1,146 results
All reviews beautiful church great location giglio stop minute walk charming hotel grand canal single room st mark's square central location private water taxi piazza vaporetto cappuccino
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 April 2019

The old style decor gives the hotel character. The hotel location is great. It is very close to San Marks Square, and it is also right down the block from the water taxi stand. The hotel staff were polite. I enjoyed the breakfast - fruit, croissants, juice, coffee, sandwiches, etc. The bathroom had a towel warmer and a window overlooking the balcony. I found the bed to be comfortable. I enjoyed my stay and I would recommend this hotel to others!

• Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank maurandmaur
Reviewed 21 April 2019

The hotel’s charm and comfort were totally overridden by the fact that the shower only had burning hot water. It took a long time to get warm. Then I stepped in, lathered up with soap and when I wanted to wash off, the water was scalding hot and uncontrollable. We complained to the desk and got a shoulder shrug. And there wasn’t a language barrier!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Safari02966749218
Rossella S, Direttore generale at Hotel Bel Sito, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review.

We have assigned you the room with the latest bathroom, equipped with large shower column, but we are very sorry that it was not easy for you to understand how it worked. You just had to press the button and turn it in the direction of the desired temperature.
I think it's normal to wait for the water to warm up, but you have to be careful about the temperature you choose on the mixer, because the water....will arrive in a few minutes as hot as you choosed. I'm sorry that you complained to the staff, which perhaps lacked only expressiveness, since, after your complaint immediately sent the maintenance technician to check what problem there might be. He found that everything was working well, except for an incorrect adjustment of the mixer, fixed at a high temperature.
We remain at your disposal, sure from now that everything will be perfect during your next visit!

Reviewed 8 April 2019 via mobile

Location is perfect.Very near to San Marks square and Doge's palace.15 minutes walk to Piazzal Roma,st Lucia train station and Rialto bridge.The hotel is located facing santa Maria del giglio and is quite despite being near to touristy spots(just what I like) The rooms are not so big which is not a problem at all...and absolutely loved the Venizian decor. The place is kept very clean,the breakfast is good specially the honey comb and husband and I loved sitting at the outdoor sitting area.Very helpful reception desk and the rest of the staff. Every minute we spent here was memorable. We do not speak Italian and the staff except the reception speak very little English but still we could understand each other really well. Thank you to all the Bel Sito team for making our stay so comfortable and memorable♥️.

Toshi and Aj
London

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Toshiben
Reviewed 27 March 2019

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights mid March. We opted for a standard bedroom which was not enormous but big enough and partially overlooked the square at the front and the Santa Maria del Gilglio church. It contained a mini fridge which was very useful. The bathroom was on the small side but big enough and the shower really hot and powerful. The heating/air conditioning was perfect. The décor was typical Venetian style and the beds fairly firm which I like. The room was clean and the room was kept very tidy throughout our stay. The breakfast room was small but we never had any trouble finding a table and there were plenty of choices. My favourite was the plain yogurt and honeycomb. This is to die for.
The best thing of all though was the friendly very helpful staff and the location of the hotel which was very quiet and yet so close to a lot of the main attractions of Venice. The boat stop at the end of the square was a real bonus. I cannot fault this hotel at all. If I came to Venice I would stay again. I would probably book directly with the hotel rather than Booking.com. Thank you all for making our stay so pleasant.

Room tip: Very quiet in room 131 except for church bells which I enjoyed but it can disturb some people
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2019

This hotel really grew on us during our stay, at first we thought it was a little dated, but actually it was just Venetian styling. The room and en-suite was very clean, had everything you needed and was very comfortable and quiet.

What was really evident was the quality of the front of house staff, who quickly remembered you and had your key ready whenever you returned to the hotel, with a very pleasant hello.

The breakfast whilst simple was tasty and started the day well

The location was also perfect as it was only a short stroll to St Marks Square and also close to a water bus stop

Definitely would recommend this hotel for quality at a budget price, would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2019