“Stay at Hotel Da Bruno”
Review of Hotel da Bruno

Hotel da Bruno
Ranked #48 of 384 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed August 16, 2017

My stay at this hotel was satisfactory. The foyer was impressive, and I even had a glass chandelier in my room! Though, it was an effort to get to the hotel with my big bags, as it wasn't near the train station or a boat stop.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Chris M
There are newer reviews for Hotel da Bruno

Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

Stayed at the da Bruno on one of my several trips to Venice due to a recommendation from my acquaintance and was relatively satisfied. For a 3 star rating the quality is good but depending on the location of the room it can be annoyingly noisy because you are hearing everything that’s going on on the floor nearly unfiltered as it would happen in the middle of your room.
The breakfast buffet is nice and the hotel also offered a free shuttle to the island of Murano.
If you want to stay on a budget but still have decent quality the da Bruno should be fine for you

Stayed: September 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank Hannes_Alparslan
Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights in Aug-2017.

Location: as others have already mentioned, hotel is located centrally and close to rialto bridge and st marks. We found it convenient being able to come back every now and then to the hotel to rest etc.

Room: we were allocated a room on the first floor and although I did expect it to be small, as per other reviews, I didn't exactly appreciate the 2 single seemingly trundle beds stuck together pretending to be a double bed. The thickness of the mattress was virtually non-existent and it creaked with every move. This is reason for taking a star off.

Staff: friendly and accommodating, no issues.

Breakfast: this probably had the worse breakfast spread we have ever encountered. There were no 'proteins' to speak of and everything was so disconnected. They also had a scramble egg maker and one taste of it was so bad. Also after the first breakfast I fell a bit ill on my stomach, most likely from the eggs. The rest of our stay I jus literally ate plain bread and fresh fruit and waited til we were out and bought food. They also relied on coffee machines and don't make fresh coffee to order.

Also the hotel is meant to be non-smoking but we could smell smoke from other peoples rooms seeping out to the doorway.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank enzedwelly
Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

First time in Venice and didn't disappoint. Hotel and staff were excellent. Great central location. Room was clean and very comfortable. The breakfast was varied and plenty. Ideal to start the day. Staff were very helpful. They went above and beyond to make us welcome. Really enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend a stay here. Will definitely return. A big thank you to hotel da bruno and all the staff for making our stay so good.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2017 via mobile

I stayed 4 nights in June in Hotel da Bruno. Before I arrived I emailed a couple questions to the hotel. They were answered promptly and in detail. Upon arrival the staff were amazing and helpful. I needed help planning a side trip by train and they helped me with all the details. Breakfast is more complete then most place I've stayed in Europe. There is no elevator but frankly a few stairs didn't bother me at all. I will stay there on my next visit for sure!!!

Stayed: June 2017, traveled solo