US$368
US$124
US$250
US$210
  • Bar/Lounge
Antica Locanda al Gambero(Venice)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$183
US$210
US$160
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmark's squaregreat locationsan zaccaria vaporetto stopwater taxirick stevesgrand canalshort walkyogurttwo blocksthe main hotelsmall hotelquiet streetfree breakfastwould stay here againsmall squaresan marcoking bed
Reviewed 25 November 2017

We chose this hotel by following criteria:
1) The room rate must include the breakfast.
2) The location must be close to an Alilaguna (airport vaporetto) stop.
3) The price must be reasonable.

Hotel Campiello meets all these requirements with a bonus point. It offers a 10% "Rick Steves'" reader discount if paid in full by cash. I asked about the discount with the hotel via email and they promptly responded with instructions.

Our room was on the ground floor with its own entrance that can only be unlocked with an old fashioned metal key. The bathroom has a fancy shower and is quite large for a location so close to St, Marks Square. The room door and the window has Venetian style glass as you can see from the photos. The room has a safe.

The breakfast is nice with hot items such scrambled eggs. The hotel staff is very friendly and drew a map for recommended restaurants nearby.

The hotel is less than a block away from the San Zaccaria Alilaguna blue line airport vaporetto stop. It is two blocks away from St. Marks square. It's close to many ACTV vaporetto stops. We will definitely stay there again if we are in Venice.

Room Tip: Ask for Rick Steves' reader discount and pay cash to get 10% off
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nelson C
Campiello_Hotel, Proprietario at Hotel Campiello, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Dear Nelson,
thank you for reviewing us, we are glad our Hotel met all of your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you again for another holiday in the heart of the most beautiful city in the world.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Stayed here for 4 nights with my parents and my partner in a Superior Double Room, which had 1 double bed and 2 pull out singles which was fine, room was lovely had TV with only 2 English channels but your not in Venice to watch TV, Wifi was adequate again didn't really use our phones much, check in was simple, breakfast was lovely continental croissants, bread cheese ham, cereal, yogurt fruit and juice. We came to Venice for a budget 4 day break this was a great deal we didn't expect the Ritz and it was still lovely! Location was PERFECT 3 minute walk to St Marks Square and 10 steps from the water bus back to the airport! Great stay!

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hannah1057
Campiello_Hotel, Proprietario at Hotel Campiello, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2018

Dear hannah1057,
thank you for reviewing us. We are glad you and your family were satisfied with your experience at our Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you again when you return to Venice.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

This hotel is near St Marks Square but far enough away to be quiet and peaceful. Nice selection for breakfast buffet. The staff was friendly and efficient. Would stay here again. Close to the boat stops.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends

Dear pmarti50,
thank you for writing us your review. We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel and we hope you will visit us again when in Venice.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

The location rates 5 stars but otherwise it's not so hot. Steps away from the vaporetto stops and from San Marco, so that part was great. The rooms were kind of noisy from the restaurant downstairs. Stay away from room 107- the bathroom requires serious contortions to use.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2017

When I was looking for places to stay in Venice I had a few criteria: it had to be near a vaporetto stop, I wanted a convenient location with a neighborhood feel, and I needed a tub so I could soak after a long day's walking on cobblestones. The Gondolin studio offered by the Hotel Campiello perfectly fit the bill. I enjoyed my stay and would book this studio again.

Arrival and Check-in - Super easy. From Marco Polo airport, the Alilaguna stops at San Zaccaria and the hotel is literally steps from the stop. The hotel staff was efficient and professional at check-in. Since I arrived well before check-in at I dropped off my bag with the front desk and explored the neighborhood.

Great Location - Because it's located off the San Zaccaria stops, the location is convenient for taking Vaporetto 1 or 2, the Alilaguna, and other vaporetti that can take you to Lida, Murano, and Burano. Its proximity to the Riva degli Schiavoni means lots of opportunity for people watching. The hotel offers the best of both worlds: easy access to San Marco but also easy access to the neighborhoods around Sestiere Castello. Walking away from Riva degli Schiavoni, you'll come upon an area with a trattoria and bacaro. The hotel is a short walk from Campo San Zaccaria which houses an altar piece by Bellini. If you walk in the opposite direction you'll eventually find yourself at Piazza San Marco. However, I recommend taking a slight turn onto Campo San Provolo which has shops, cafes, and a gelateria.

The Gondolin Studio - Super roomy for one, designed to hold up to four people. The studio is in a separate building from the hotel. There is a well-equipped kitchenette, a sitting area with sleeper sofa and TV, a bedroom area with TV, and a large bathroom with tub, separate shower and bidet. The bed was firm and comfortable with extra pillows and blankets in the armoire.

I chose this studio because I wanted to come home after lunch/dinner and just soak in the tub (loved it!) after a long day of exploring. You can have breakfast in the hotel lobby but I chose to have a leisurely breakfast at "home" in my pajamas, watching Italian television shows. It gave me an excuse to shop at the Rialto Mercato for supplies.

Service - Since I was in the studio apartment I didn't have much interaction with the staff except for check-in and check-out, both of which went smoothly. Housekeeping came daily and did a great job.

Cons - (1) The ground floor location of the studio means you can hear people walking by, especially because Gondolin's bedroom window is at the intersection of Calle del Vin and Corte Nuova Castello. If you're a light sleeper this studio is not for you, and you should book one of the rooms in the main hotel building. (2) Also, the cell service in the studio itself is spotty so ask for the WiFi code.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo
2  Thank Raechelle Y

Dear Raechelle,
the whole staff wants to thank you for your kind and very detailed review. We appreciate every nice word and we will treasure your advice in order to Always improve and provide you with the best possible service.
We look forward to welcoming you again when you return to Venice!