“Wonderful Experience ”

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Castello
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went to the restaurant on the recommendation of a local artist that we met earlier in the day.

Vincenzo was wonderful from the start.

We Didn't have a booking and it was a
busy Friday night! He took us in and got us seated.

The food was excellent and my wife, who usually avoids seafood, actually enjoyed the risotto pesce.

For her second plate she had the steak and it was cooked perfectly.

At Vincenzo's recommendation, I had the seafood mix plate, and it was a great recommendation. The food was excellent!
The portions were plentiful and presentation was artistic.

We also shared a creme brulee for dessert, which was a great finish to a wonderful meal!

As we were heading out into the night to try to navigate our way back to our hotel, Vincenzo asked where we needed to go. He offered to have us follow his chef to the Grand Canal to catch our tranchetto. We accepted and were able to get back home much quicker than stumbling along with our map in the dark.

I HIGHLY recommend this restaurant for it's outstanding food and service, and Vincenzo in particular!!!

Thanks again for a Wonderful night in Venice!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My friends and I went to eat here on a recommendation. It seemed like there was just one miss after the other. First, the special appetizer was described as a plate of raw fish but was literally only raw shrimp. Okay, boring, but they were tasty enough. My friend and I order the special. My dish comes and I wait a few minutes and their plates don't come--strange since one person ordered what I ordered. I asked about it and the waiter said the others weren't ready, so I said, "So I'll just wait while my food gets cold?" My friend then mentions to me that my dish was served to the table beside me and after picking at it, the patron realized it wasn't his, so the waiter brought it back inside (presumably to figure out the error) turned around and put it in front of me! (Why she didn't tell me sooner is besides the point.) When the waiter realized I realized, he quickly took it back and brought out a new one (who really knows) with my friends' dishes. By the way, it was pasta with mushrooms and scallops. How cheap is it not to just get me a fresh meal? And then it was just lacking in flavor--my friend said it "tasted too healthy." The third person's dish was ho hum too. We left and got pizza right after. Oh, and the whole thing cost me 50 euros.

Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

Had a delicious meal celebrating my husband's birthday. 2 mins walk from Hotel Sant Antonin . Excellent service from friendly waiters. Buffalo mozzarella starter & for main Turbot with pesto & grilled vegetables. My husband had scallops then Duck with potatoes. 2 drinks & water , total €120

Reviewed October 6, 2017 via mobile

We ate very good pasta with tomato, basil and ricotta. Wine advice for dinner was splendid. Desert was very good too. And the waiters were very friendly.

Reviewed October 6, 2017 via mobile

Came here for our first night in Venice after 5 glorious days/nights in Rome. Our day of travel had taken its toll and lunch (which we didn't get to until 3) was a bust - so we needed a win. This place was right around the corner from our apartment so we figured we'd check it out and so glad we did. They sat us right away without a reservation (but note it got crowded so if you're making a trek over here just for dinner, make a reservation). I ordered the pappardelle w veal as my first course and mixed fried fish as my second. Both were phenomenal. Hubby got a scallop antipasto to start, followed by a gnocchi dish. I think I won the "who ordered better" contest but he was certainly pleased. We ended the meal with cake and cappuccino. Lovely service - not rushed at all but attentive. Would definitely recommend!