“Very good hotel in Venice”

Hotel Saturnia & International
Ranked #40 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed August 15, 2017

Excellent location, acomodations and breakfast! I recommend it!!!
The hotel is located in the most important fashion street of Venice, just beside the hottest stores, and with a five minutes walk distance from the St. Marco Square.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

This hotel was great! Situated right in the city center of Venice, it lived up to all of our expectations. The rooms were a bit small, which is to be expected in Venice, but otherwise very clean and nice. Although the hotel is older, it is very charming and has a lot of interesting character. My only complaint re the room is that it was located right next to the floor cleaning office and the cleaning staff were quite loud. Thankfully the room had two doors so we were able to close them both to drown out the noise.

The rooftop is very nice with great views however, it was a bit too hot for us to spend a lot of time up there. The breakfast has everything you could possibly need (eggs, fruit, waffles, coffee, tea, bread, pastries, bacon etc.). The breakfast area is in a very beautiful outdoor space.

Coffee and tea machines are not found in the rooms but instead communal spaces. Unfortunately, only instant coffee is provided. There are so many coffee spots in the area though, no need to stay in the hotel for that!

All in all a good stay and I would definitely recommend the hotel!

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2017

We loved our stay here and highly recommend. The staff especially Giuseppe were wonderful. I emailed them a few days before we arrived asking for a place to get my gels done, they booked a place close by and when I got confused on how to get there, the hotel manager walked me there. What great service. We had a room for the disabled that my husband needed. It was well appointed for him. The room was big enough for us, comfortable bed. The breakfast was the same as the other hotels we stayed in when visiting Italy. The wait staff was very attentive, asking immediately what we wanted to drink, they offered coffee, espresso, juices and still or water "with gas" We are going back to Venice next year for a cruise and hope we can stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank imfrmars
Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

Quaint hotel in the heart of Venice. It is only a short walk to all the main sights of Venice. We stayed two nights but didn't go to the restaurant, bedroom was decent size and bathroom was renovated.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Katie F
Reviewed August 8, 2017

I ordered two rooms for myself and my children. When we arrived at the hotel we were given two extremely small rooms, BUT there is a great BUT I went down to the reception desk to ask why one small room was old and not maintained and the other small but in reasonable condition. And without warning the receptionists began to say, "What do you want, that's what you ordered?" "It's our rooms this is what we have." "We do not have any identical rooms, each of our rooms is different from the other and you never know what you'll get" Indeed the location is good, the breakfast is ok "we and the pigeons between the tables" but I will not wish any guest such a treatment. I would not book a room there again and will advise you to do the same. The rooms and showers were so small (and expensive) that we just tried to be as little as possible in them

Room Tip: Just avoid this hotel!
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank meiru1
serandrei, Proprietario at Hotel Saturnia & International, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2017

Dear Mr Meiru1,
I am so sorry if the rooms did not meet your taste.
I would like to point out that in the hotel reservation website where you booked is explicitly told “small double room” and the precise size, plus the exact images of your rooms and since they are the less expensive they are renovated later than the others.
I am sure our receptionist did not mean to be impolite, he just meant that all the rooms of our Hotel are different with various characteristics.
Regarding the price of the type of room you chose, I would like to stress that it's a very competitive rate, considering that the Saturnia is a four-star superior hotel located in a strategic position, only a few steps from Saint Mark's square.

Regards