“THIS IS IT: The Gelato You Dream of in Italy”
Review of Venchi

Venchi
Ranked #16 of 95 Dessert in Venice
Price range: US$0 - US$11
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: San Marco
Description: A broad range of fine chocolates and artisan gelato flavours of the Italian tradition served in a refined setting with a retro chic style, located on one of Venice's renowned "calli". Our friendly and knowledgeable staff will assist in choosing the perfect treat or a tailored, stylish gift box to make all customers happy, whether they are locals, tourists, families with children.
Reviewed 10 July 2018

I ate a lot of gelato, I mean A LOT, when my husband and I were in Italy for 2 weeks. I needed the fuel for all the walking! haha

But seriously, so much gelato at so many places, and this chain that we found all over our travels was hands down our favorite! The flavors, the texture, the quality were amazing no matter the location, consistently delightful no matter the city or town we were in and no matter the time of day! (I confess, I had Venchi at 8am one morning while in the train station in Rome waiting for our train's arrival, it was a great life decision). Try all the places, but definitely make at least one or two stops in at Venchi. Their special flavor which I got 90% of the time was "Cremino". It was hazelnut gelato with a layer of their house made nutella on top like a frosting on a sheet cake. *salivating as I write this*

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

We discovered Venchi whilst walking around Venice.It was in the same street as our hotel and everyday we went past we could not resist.We tried several different flavours and they were all delicious.
Never have we tasted such wonderful gelato.
The staff were very helpful friendly and informative.
We also brought some chocolates to take back home.. they are absolutely gorgeous.
So if you love gelato go to Venchi..it's not far from St Mark's square

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

Yes! I loved this place! It was exactly what I wanted. Delicious European chocolates. Just grab a bag and start looking at their wall of chocolates and take your pick. I think I got about nine pieces for about 9 Euro.

My favorite was definitely the Cremino, which has a layer of white chocolate with almond paste sandwiches between milk chocolate hazelnut gianduja. I definitely tasted the hazelnut more than the almond, but the sweetness of the white chocolate really came through. It was so delicately smooth and melted the moment it hit my mouth.

My other favorite was the Truffe Toffee. This one wasn’t in the wall, but in the case at the counter. It was rolled in toffee bits and had a soft center. The toffee bits on the outside had this great chew to them - great texture and it didn’t break my teeth! Also, this toffee was similar to their caramel, but so much better because of its complexity. It had other layers of flavor - not just sweet.

And my other, other favorite was the Crema Caffe. The balance of coffee, chocolate and sweetness was so perfect!!

They also offer gelato, which I didn’t get to try. But based on the lines, it must be popular!

I wish I could just go back for more!! I would definitely visit again the next time I’m in Venice!!

1  Thank 500katieh
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

Tried a few places before this one and this was by far the best gelato we had in Venice. Went for lunch and my daughter made us go back the same day for dinner.

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Someone we met recommended Venchi. Hip and upscale for a gelato place, I’d return and recommend. Each person could try one flavor before choosing. Very good waffle cones. Quality ingredients. Creamy and flavorful gelato. Crepes and drinks also on the menu. Prices reasonable. You can also buy chocolates. The only negative on this trip: service took forever. Partly because the employees were slow and partly because of annoyingly high-maintenance customers.