“Perfect for an elegant evening”

Club del Doge Restaurant
Ranked #111 of 1,494 Restaurants in Venice
Price range: US$100 - US$180
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A fresh tribute to Venetian cuisine, Restaurant Club del Doge welcomes guests in an intimate and elegant setting, which moves outdoors onto its Grand Canal Terrace from April until October. The atmosphere is casual chic by day and a more formal affair in the evenings. At its helm, Executive Chef Daniele Turco will tantalize your senses with epicurean delights that celebrate the best of local seasonal ingredients, from signature risottos to traditional cicchetti and seafood platters.
Reviewed 27 March 2017

We wanted to eat somewhere special on the last evening of our two-week Europe trip and were very glad to have chosen the Club del Doge. It’s pricey, but you’re mostly paying for the gorgeous ambiance. We weren’t seated right along the edge of the patio, but all the tables outside have an excellent view of the Grand Canal. Service was fine, although not in line with the prices paid. Dinner was scrumptious- the seafood risotto and the duck were superb. The only flaw was the very odd service of the dessert souffle. Before asking if we wanted it, the waiter dumped a huge amount of chocolate sauce (maybe a half cup?) into the souffle making it far too sweet to finish or honestly enjoy. If you order the souffle, turn down the sauce or ask for it on the side. Other than that, the Club del Doge was a perfect choice for an elegant evening.

1  Thank spendyourdays

Reviewed 23 March 2017

This restaurant provides a really outstanding meal. I will long remember my first course, which was a seafood risotto. I am not normally keen on seafood risotto but something told me this would be different, and it was simply great. I also had a most enjoyable fish mixed grill and an excellent dessert. I got lucky with my wine choice - a rare find of a Carmenere from Italy (I didn't know they grew it there). Very pricey but a treat.

1  Thank Michael B
Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

Decided to have lunch on my own on our first day whilst the other half had a nap in the hotels restaurant.

Beautiful setting on the Grand Canal and sitting outside you can watch the world go by.

Food was superb and the local cicchetti selection to start was superb. Main course of grilled sea bass was also excellent.

Lovely atmosphere, highly recommend.

1  Thank Passportstamp967
Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

Excellent service and staff most professional but the meal is was well over priced for the food quality. A beautiful and special hotel, without a doubt, and in a fabulous location on the Grande Canal but the food was unexceptional for the prices charged. A nice evening was had but we've eaten much better and been charged much less for equivalent quality.
But we loved our stay here but quite disappointed with the restaurant that didn't hit the mark.

Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

I am taking the time to write a review on this place I was once here before back in 2014 and found the service to be less that ok for the prices they charge however the views are just wonderful, so I decided to give it a chance one more time since I was traveling with my sister and husband I wanted my sister to see the nice view I was willing to pay over 150 euros to just have the view . I repeat I already knew what I was waiting for on prices and service , but this time it was even worse . We sat down and we're not even handle our menus they were thrown to the table. I still got them and we were going to order a tea service for 3 ( a least 50 euros per person) we waited patiently for our waiter for about 15 minutes, however he decided to help another couple who just arrived and serve them right away.
I was getting upset but decided to way a little longer another couple walked in and they were helped. I told my husband and sister to just get up and leave the place as We were walking out the waiter wanted to help and apologized saying that he was busy. When I pointed out that he had help 2 tables before us he did not said anything else. I told him that I was going to leave a review on TripAdvisor and he said that he nor management care about the bad reviews since people will still go for the views whether there were bad service or overpriced food.
I was just in disbelief.

Please do not patronage this location there are other places where you can find better views and great service.

2  Thank Manvec