We booked The Westin Europa & Regina to celebrate our 15 year anniversary. This hotel is considered a 5 star luxury hotel based from all the travel websites I have looked at. I suppose it is given the location of the hotel and the spacious rooms it offers. We got a deluxe room and the size of it is considerably bigger than the other standard size rooms in Venice (we also stayed at a different hotel). The bathroom was also pretty big. What we enjoyed most about the hotel is the view you get from dining at the InAcqua restaurant. We had breakfast at this restaurant every morning because of the breathtaking views of Santa Maria della Salute Basilica, the water, and the gondolas. I believe the breakfast buffet was 34 euros per person and you can also order a la carte. Overall, the hotel is wonderful but I can not be overwhelmingly excited due to other 5 star/luxury hotel experiences here in the U.S and other countries. Also, although the location is superb less than 5 minutes walk to San Marco's Square and the hotel is close to the waterbus (San Marco Stop) I HIGHLY suggest to get a private water taxi. Despite the hotel being close to the waterbus stop (Alilaguna) because of the 2 STAIR Bridges and cobblestone streets - it was a pain to drag and carry our big suitcases to the hotel especially after our long flight and factor in jet lagged. The Alilaguna/waterbus is definitely way cheaper (about 30 euros for 2 people and 2 luggages that you also pay for) however, it takes twice as long to get to the hotel. When you arrive at the airport, follow signs and it all ends at the same area anyways and you can get the private water taxi there for about 120-150 euros. And you can get to the hotel in 30-40 minutes and arrive in Venice in style. Also, it is a lot of fun getting to experience the Private water taxi which we utilized at the Regina hotel to take us to the cruise port for 80 euros because I was not about to drag my suitcases again. The private water taxi was an exhilarating experience for my husband and I! If you really want the best easy access to the water bus stops and great location for $$ - consider Hotel Savoia & Jolanda (will also review). I would consider going back to Hotel Regina especially if traveling with children just because of the spacious rooms and it does not feel cramped as the other smaller hotels. Lastly, don't forget to bring those power plug adapters anytime you go to Italy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Superbly positioned on the Grand Canal with sweeping views of the city's most iconic landmarks, The Westin Europa and Regina places guests right in the heart of the city's artistic and theatre districts, in a discreet setting just off the fashionable Calle XXII Marzo and steps from Piazza San Marco. Our unmatched selection of rooftop terrace suites, Grand Canal rooms, restyled accommodations, and Grand Canal-side venues with nutrition-rich proposals are settings of relaxed indulgence where guests can be at their best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Europa & Regina, Venice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Hotel Europa And Regina, Venice
- Westin Venice
- Westin Hotel Europa Regina Venice
- Venice Westin