“Modern setting, good food”
Review of Impronta Cafe

Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Dorsoduro / Accademia
Reviewed May 6, 2017

Having seen the reviews on Tripadviser I was keen to try it for myself. The restaurant has a very modern style. It is a popular place and the tables are a bit squeezed in. The service was friendly and efficient. The food is beautifully presented, which gets you really excited to try the dish, but the taste did not quite live up to expectations. For me it lacked the character and charm of some of the other restaurants we visited during our time in Venice.

There are newer reviews for Impronta Cafe

Reviewed May 4, 2017

Good restaurant-recommended by many (including TripAdvisor). Prices are comparable to nearby restaurants. Recommend a reservation, especially for more than 2 people. Tuna and beef tartar starters were very good. Fried calamari with tempura vegetables was ok. First courses were more successful than second courses. Pasta dishes were consistently very good. The roast suckling pig was just average as was the fillet of beef and the lamb. If I were to return, I might skip the second courses and just have a starter and first course. Full bar available; good wine list.

Reviewed May 1, 2017 via mobile

Ate here on our first night in Venice as it was only 2 minutes from our hotel. I always check Tripadvisor before I travel and spotted this high scoring restaurant.
Inside is bright with a modern feel and the staff were more than welcoming. I would recommend booking as we did as the place filled quickly and I believe booking gives you a better table.
We shared a mix meat starter which was delicious! I then went for duck leg while the wife opted for sea bass. All was cooked well and full of flavour.
A reasonable bill and the end of the night left us satisfied in more ways than one. Thoroughly recommended!

Reviewed May 1, 2017

I must first say this: The absolute BEST TIRAMISU we had during our entire 10-day trip to Italy was at Impronta Cafe!

Now for the rest of my review ...
We ate at Impronta Cafe because I read great reviews online before our trip and also because our hotel (Palazzo Odoni) recommended it.

Our dinner was delicious. My husband ate the rigatoni with ham, and I ate the chef's special: a tricolor gnocchi with three different types of fish tartare on top. The server also told me the sequence in which to eat the three pastas. Cool! I loved sampling all three and exploring the differences in the flavors among the gnocchi. The pesto was my favorite.

We split a bottle of local Venezia wine with dinner, and it was lovely.

And of course, the greatest tiramisu of our whole trip. Impronta Cafe added a dollop of coffee-flavored gelato on top!

Impronta Cafe gets two thumbs up and a very special place in my memory because of my favorite dessert during my entire Italy vacation. :-)

Reviewed April 20, 2017

A very modern cafe in a busy location. We were comfortably tucked into a corner for two. The service was prompt, courteous and friendly. They offferedmenus in different languages. We ordered the lamb ribs ( small -3 ) done a beautiful medium/rare, covered with almonds. Accompanied with puréed aubergine (eggplant) covered in miniature pansies and a side of roasted artichoke. Excellent, presentation and taste. The suggested red wine was organic with a superb taste. A small meal which was good for us but you could order from the varied menu of first dishes. We finished up with tiramisu with gelato. We highly recommend it. Other diners around us were complimentary about their meals as well. €85 for the evening.

1  Thank Mailjune