“Good place for lunch, dishes are small”
Review of Impronta Cafe

Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Dorsoduro / Accademia
Reviewed March 30, 2017

I have had lunch twice in this place. In a hurry as I was, no time to get lost around Venice looking for places, this place does its job with room for praise. The first time I had the cold cuts and cheese (which is actually a starter, but I had it as lunch); the second, a pasta tricolore. Both times the dishes tasted good, and had very very pretty presentations. It is not a meal to remember though (except if you really really love pretty dishes over delicious dishes) - I had better pasta in other places in Venice, paying less. The amount of food in each dish is small, mainly considering the price (I paid 19 euro for the tricolore). If you are not ver worried about the budget, and want to experience a nice place with friendly staff and pretty food, certainly recommended, To be perfect tough, I think the dishes would have to be cheaper or more flavorful.

1  Thank Lenirl

Reviewed March 29, 2017 via mobile

We had a few hours to kill in Venice before our flight and found this little gem thanks to TripAdvisor. The place is cosy, the staff welcoming and the food was delicious. We choose a dish of the day and a dessert each, 2 glasses of wine (paired with the choice of food) and a water for a total of €54 for the 3 of us. What a great find!

Reviewed March 5, 2017

We had made this reservation a few weeks earlier from America, but when we arrived they had said the reservation was set for the week before and we did not show up. Having seven of us and this place not being very big (and packed at the time), we thought we were in trouble....NOPE - they asked for a few minutes and found us a table - nicely done.

My wife had pumpkin ravioli which was outstanding and I had steak tar tar over pasta with cream sauce. The tar tar looked like uncooked hamburger, but it was actually delicious. We also had the lobster salad, which was fair at best. The house wine here was really good.

Be aware that they do not remove the dinner plates until every single person at the table is finished eating (this was at most places, but we asked them to remove a few of our plates here and they said "not yet" which we found funny.).

Great food, great people - nicely done.

Reviewed February 21, 2017 via mobile

Perfectly nice place with friendly service. No complaints. Food was of a good standard but not brilliant. I enjoyed it but was not blown away. Presentation of food was incredible- clearly one for the instagram generation.

Steak tartare was ok but poor texture due to minced tomatoes and over cooked rosti. Wife's steamed shellfish in tomato sauce was great- maybe best thing on the menu. Suckling pig with roots purée was very pleasant and slow cooked apple really enhanced sweetness. Wife had seafood carbonara which she liked but I thought was bland.

Overall - a good restaurant but of what I'd call the expected standard of proficiency if this was in London. Maybe I'm spoilt. Certainly way better than most places would be, but not reaching to an amazing rating. Still must emphasise - genuinely no complaints and the food was good. If you're in the area give it a try.

1  Thank sesquipedaliens
Reviewed February 10, 2017 via mobile

Nice atmosphere and good food. Can recommend the seafood platter starter and hot chocolate. Possibly the best Mojito i've ever tried and i've tried a fair few, i thought €7 was very reasonable too.