“Great pizza with a view ”

Ristorante Al Redentor
Ranked #499 of 1,502 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Giudecca
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

This place felt a little touristy at first - very keen front of house staff pounce if you stop to look at the menu, waiters work hard to upsell the dish of the day and wine that's not on the list. There were plenty of Italians eating here though. We ate here on our first night on Guidecca and enjoyed a great pizza, sitting outside looking across the water.

Service is friendly and efficient.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Amazing food,service and view!recommend you guys to come!食物很棒,虽然岛屿很偏但是值得来这里试试看海鲜之类的的美食,而且餐厅的景观也很棒哦!正对着对面的圣马可广的!

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

We had starters and a pizza here for our first meal in Venice and it did not disappoint. I have caprese salad as a starter everywhere I go in Italy as I love it, and this was by far the best of the whole trip. I notice another reviewer mentioned they got sold a really expensive turbot, and they did give us the big sell (without mentioning the price) but we managed to swerve that! The views overlooking Venice are fabulous and we had no trouble getting a table right at the front at lunchtime in July.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

The view from the terrace is lovely. I think only tourists come here so it is a bit expensive. I had a very good baked sea bass with tomatos and olives but the price of 25 euros is a bit too much IMO (I had better sea bass in Portugal for less than half that). The waiter is friendly but a bit pushy, trying to get you to buy something pricier (hence, the sea bass). I ordered a small bottle of pinot grigio which was very decent. I would advise against house wines in Venice because they're expensive (7 euros a glass!) and generally awful.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Fantastic views over to Venice, food delicious (recommend lasagne), wine inexpensive, good service.
Definitely underrated, a hidden gem which is popular with locals.