“Game on”

Trattoria Al Gazzettino
Reserve with
Trattoria Al Gazzettino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 1,519 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Marco
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

We had dinner and were unsure what to expect based on the various reviews. The
best I can describe the evening is that it is an experience. Whether the experience is good or bad depends on your frame of mind, how many drinks you have and your goals for the evening. The food was very good. The atmosphere is lively. Be prepared to eat and drink things that you didn’t order but just roll with it; they don’t charge you. Also be prepared for a lot of noise, a quick pace, and multiple requests for a ‘good’ trip advisor review. While at first we were a little reserved and surprised we were eventually dancing to the Latin American music! While this is not a restaurant I would have typically chosen, this is a memorable meal my family will never forget.

Write a ReviewReviews (7,069)

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Food was great but made US table service look very slow. Good if you want a fast dinner, staff hover and plates are taken before you even finish your meal. Be aware of them adding a so called complementary caprese salad, as mentioned in other reviews. Very impatient, first time in Italy I didn’t have to ask for the bill as meals are normally relaxing and enjoyable. Surprised there are so many good reviews? Giving customers a free desert and asking to give us a rating of 5 must bribe a lot of people!

1  Thank Frank_a5510
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

My friend recommended this restaurant after she visited last year. We did not reserve a table and had to wait a few minutes to be seated. Whilst waiting we were given a free glass of wine & a small plate of risotto to try. We had a lovely meal and at the end we were given complimentary shots, strawberry wine & cake! We were also given a bag of pasta to take away!! Would definitely recommend

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Excellent pasta and friendly staff. Great way to start our evening in Venice. Small. Had quick service and wide variety in menu.

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

I’ll start off by saying that our seafood risotto here was possibly our favorite meal in Venice. The rest of the meal here was...weird and off-putting. They started the service by bringing us a plate of caprese salad. Cool! These guys seemed so friendly. And who doesn’t love a free appetizer? Except that they added it to our bill even though we never ordered it. I also asked for a glass of white wine to go with the risotto. A full bottle came out and was set on the table. Maybe it’s on the honor system since I asked for a glass? My wife and I each poured a glass and left the bottle sitting there. When the bill came, we were charged for a bottle. We just poured the rest into our glasses and drank it rather than trying to argue. When we paid the bill (cash only), the server took the cash and never came back with the change (which was substantial). We sat there for another 5-10 minutes waiting for the change, but he seemed to be hiding out in the kitchen, waiting for us to give up and leave. We finally found him and asked for our money. “Yes, I’m getting it right now” was the response. He then returned with a bag of dried pasta, forcing it on us as a “gift”. We tried to give it back, but he insisted, saying “its for you! Just remember to leave us a 5 star review!”.

Great risotto though.