“Pleasant Hideaway amid the throngs”
Review of Al Buso

Al Buso
Ranked #701 of 1,470 Restaurants in Venice
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 19, 2016

We came upon Al Buso as we made our way from San Marco to Rialto. We were looking for lunch and a drink without having to put up with the tourist masses. Al Buso looked great. On the canal, nice outdoor setting. When we looked at the menu, we did not see a thing on the wine list we wanted that was by the glass...so we got up to leave. Alberto raced up and asked us what was the matter. When we told him he said "No Problem. Anything you want you can have". We stayed, had a great relaxed lunch and a variety of wine - 5 Euros a glass. As we left and went to the other side of the bridge, we saw the tourist throngs filling the tourist restaurants. Knew right then we had stumbled on to the right choice. Highly recommend. Was going to add a picture we took from a gondola, but it was essentially the same at the one above. For sure we will go back to Al Buso the next time we are in Venice.

Reviewed June 18, 2016 via mobile

After ordering two pizzas directly from the pizza only menu our waiter brought us one pizza and a plate of spaghetti. After explaining the order was wrong I decided to accept the spaghetti much to my regret. The spaghetti was ok but not worth €16.50 and the pizza was mediocre. The service was sub par and the waiter didn't even apologize for the mistake. Had gratuity not been included in the bill I would not have left a tip. I would not recommend eating here and I will not return. Highly disappointed.

1  Thank GCharlesP
Reviewed June 12, 2016 via mobile

We were passing and due to its location we called in.
We were seated at the waters edge.
The waiter was OK but after I enquired about the pizza ( at 1pm) he told me pizza was finished and to have pasta....
So I ordered lasagne and my wife a salad, the lasagne was nice enough and salad is salad so hard to critique.
So not a bad place but I'm sure many better.
Won't return.

Reviewed June 7, 2016

After a walking tour of Venice, we started meandering along the pedestrian pathways from St Mark's Square towards our hotel in Canareggio. This restaurant's location caught our eye, so we checked the menu, and decided to stop for dinner. We were seated immediately at a waterfront table closest to the Rialto Bridge, literally in its shadow. The waiter was slow in taking our order, then slow to deliver the meal. I had lobster linguine. The seasoning of the pasta sauce was disappointing. The lobster did not taste right and was difficult to scrape out of its shell. Quite a messy meal and I left one of the claws without even trying. My friend ordered spaghetti with bolognese sauce and said it was okay. The best thing about the restaurant was watching the gondolas and vaporettos float by. Even saw water ambulances racing to their call. The lackluster service and marginally tasty meal left me certain that I would not return, except maybe for coffee and a pastry to enjoy the view.

Reviewed May 29, 2016

Just steps from the foot of the Rialto Bridge is Al Buso. We were pleasantly surprised to find good food at prices that weren't jacked up by its location along the Grand Canal. But be aware: you can't just have drinks at any of the restaurants in this section of Venice. Lunch or dinner is required. If you're looking for a premier spot to people watch and grab a leisurely lunch, check out Al Buso.