“Last night of holiday celebration”

Ristorante La Bitta
Ranked #61 of 1,468 Restaurants in Venice
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Dorsoduro / Accademia
Reviewed October 20, 2017 via mobile

This is the 5th time I've holidayed in Venice in the last 10 years & I can honestly say that this is the best eating experience I've had in this beautiful city. The pannacotta was to die for. The 6 of us had 3 courses each & with 2 bottles of wine & cover charge the bill came to €300. Which considering the quality, preparation & presentation of the food is good value. My advice is to book early as everybody on speck was turned away. There are only 2 servings one at 7.00 & the other at 9.00. We went at 7 which permitted a stroll to St Mark's afterwards. Remember they only accept cash not cards. My advice... go & enjoy, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed October 17, 2017

Yes had a good meal at what was an old favourite of ours. Ate there on my partners birthday as usual. It was not quite as full as usual. The always very meaty fare included delicious roasted goose leg which was a treat. Though the food was as good as ever the general atmosphere is not helped by the efficient but rather curt slightly unfriendly service. And my fegato could have been a little larger. A lot of Americans come here time and again and the two evening sittings need to be booked a few days in advance, though we were surprised to see the empty tables. I know many find the dark decor quaint and very Venetian but I could do with a bit of a makeover with some new paintings - maybe that is just us.

Reviewed October 15, 2017

This is a tiny restaurant with giant heart and warmth. The owner and her wait-staff were top-notch, and the vibe is cozy, romantic, and inviting. The chef's excellence matched that of the service as well. The Tagliatelle Caruso and the Gnocchi were absolutely delicious. Bravo!

Reviewed October 14, 2017

There are all the tangible things that made La Bitta one of my favorite discoveries during my recent trip to Venice: the cozy ambiance, the excellent food, and the more than reasonable prices (especially for Venice).

As it says right on the business card, this is one of the few (only?) restaurants in Venice that doesn't serve fish. And things could have gone south very quickly since I don't eat meat. But as long as you're fine with dairy products, you'll be fine: I had an excellent salad of pears, cheese, and walnuts to start, and some seriously ethereal pumpkin gnocchi for my main course. (I also could have had cream of pea soup minus the bacon garnish, but the gracious and charming Debora assured me that the two dishes I ordered would be plenty - and she was right.) Total cost for a meal, which included a half bottle of their excellent house red, came to about 35 euro.

But what makes this place really special is the care and soul with which the staff and kitchen make you feel welcome, comfortable, and taken care of. It's definitely worth taking the trouble to make a reservation a day or (preferably) two before you plan to visit: it's a low-key yet intimate experience that will stay with you for a long time. I'm already looking forward to my next visit.

Reviewed October 11, 2017

You will be greeted by the lovely Deborah as long as you have booked quite well in advance. It is not a big place but it has a lot of charm and the tables are close together but you don't get involved in neighbours' conversations! The menu is interesting and unusual - Deborah will describe what is on offer in her lovely English, if that is your language. Try one of the any grappas after the meal.