“Fantastic atmosphere and genuinely delicous, local food”
Review of Riviera

Riviera
Ranked #16 of 1,518 Restaurants in Venice
Price range: US$72 - US$191
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Dorsoduro / Accademia
Description: from July 16th to August 23rd we’ll be open ONLY FOR DINNER NOT FOR FAST FOODERS!! Omnivorous Restaurant Please CHECK our on line Menu BEFORE to book a table!! WE HAVE NOT VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN OPTIONS!! Booking highly suggested: please go to the CONTACT page on our website. A credit card deposit can be requested to confirm a booking. We not allow under no circumstances to receive FOR DINNER groups of more than 5 Guests WEDNESDAY and THURSDAY are our days off!
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

We went for dinner and had the 7 course tasting menu. Before our meal the owner talked us through the menu, the use of local suppliers and produce and wine. Food was fantastic- great quality fish, lovely atmosphere. Service was attentive and friendly. Pricey but would recommend it for a special occasion, definitely worth it. Such a beautiful setting in a lovely calm part of town! A must in Venice away from all the tourist traps. DEFINITELY RECCOMEND!!

2  Thank Lucy M
Write a ReviewReviews (2,367)

Reviewed 30 June 2018

Avoid this place. This is a scam operation that preys on tourists. They require a credit card to make a reservation, and then provide incomplete and misleading information to direct you to an adjacent restaurant. When you don't check into the "correct" place, they will charge your credit card and refuse to refund your money despite the fact that they have provided no services. DO NOT PATRONIZE THIS THIS OPERATION OR ANY OTHERS LIKE IT.

1  Thank Mark D
GPCremonini, Proprietario at Riviera, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I love this one!

This review is the ridiculous one of a fellow that did a fraud to...himself.

How is possible ?

He booked a restaurant and he had a dinner in another one.

Like to book a fly to NY and then to take one to Moscow.

And then to pretend too that Moscow is NY !!

Fantastic.

Mr Jaime Webb booked a table at my one and only Restaurant, Riviera Ristorante per Onnivori, Dorsoduro 1473 , 30123 Venezia, the same that appear in all the pictures and the map on this page, on June 22nd, 7.15pm.

To book his table he used our Booking on Line system, that appears on our web site, with our address and maps and links to reach us etc etc.

He received a Confirmation mail and then a Reminder mail not only with our address, but also with a G… Maps links to reach us.

At least Mr Webb didn't came, because he went in a different place, on the other side of the Town, called Riviera del Leon, Castello 6395, 30122 Venezia , nothing to do with us, I mean nothing at all , and completely on the other side of the Town.

And as you can check on this same site… a completely different way to … work too.

Mr Webb received a reminder sms too, so when he didn't arrived here, we consider it as a no-show, because we gave to Mr Webb all the possibly informations to arrive here, as we do every day and as we did all ours Guests in the last 8 years.

When he received the invoice for his no-show, Mr Webb sent me back the copy of the invoice of a dinner in a different place in Town...and he pretended that it was my responsibility.

Dear Mr Webb, I cannot came to your hotel and personally accompany you until here, I cannot bring you home after the dinner and sing you a lullaby before your sleep, I'm sorry.

During the last 8 years you are the first one not able to arrive until here, not able to realize that he was in the wrong place, not able to see that the pictures on this page have nothing to do with the place where you have been, the only common thing is that both the place are in Venice!

And to see the lagoon (Mr. Webb call it Ocean... obviously!) from the a restaurant terrace is not so incredible when you are on one of the 118 Islands that form the center of Venice!

I kindly told you, I invited you to check the difference among the address, the pictures, the name of the Restaurant and the place were you have been, but you pretend that is my responsibility if someone is so idiot to not check where he’s going and then also to blame somebody else for his own stupidity!!

You also pretend in your mail that the pictures on this page are the ones of the place were you have been, that means that or you are blind -and in this case I’m really sorry for you- or you are not able to see the evidence, and in this case I have pity for you.

I mean that is not exactly my responsibility if somebody Parents were in hurry that day some years ago, and because of that they …didn’t finished the work in the correct way.

How is possible that somebody making a confusion or a mistake pretends that someone else must be blamed?

Because, dear Reader, the blamed because the other one stupidity could be you too, without any other reason if not that you exist.

And you Mr Jaime Webb , you make a black mail too, that is an illegal act if not simply immoral one, writing me that you would have written a negative review if I didn't refund you, a review like this one.

Honestly, more than negative , this review is the ridiculous one of a fellow that did a fraud to himself.

It would be funny, if only it was not ...sad.

Good luck Mr Webb, I don't think that it will be so simple for you to find a working brain.

GP Cremonini

P.S.: if any one wish to see all the documents about Mr Webb booking and no show, please contact me by private message, and I'll send you everything

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Surrounding, service and owner were excellent! Food is nice of course, with finesse, but we missed the “Raffinesse”. Portions could have been doubled and would have been still small. For this price we expect “a second taste” behind the food. It was very natural, though high quality.

2  Thank Kerstin_in
GPCremonini, Proprietario at Riviera, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Hello , and thank you for your review.

About the portions, that are normal ones for us, it would be anyway enough to ask or to say something.

It would be a pleasure to "satisfy" yours needs, but it would be necessary to know about it.

Have a nice and abundant day!

GP Cremonini

Reviewed 28 June 2018

This is a rather quiet place with a great waterfront view. You are not bothered by mass tourism in this restaurant. Food qualits is excellent.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Went here to celebrate a friend's birthday on June 1st. The setting is enchanting as we were able to sit outside with a view across the Giudecca canal. The owner introduced himself and assisted us in making various selections and matching each with a wine selection. The meal, both the presentation and quality, were what one would expect of a restaurant with the reputation Riviera has and well deserves. Pricey but worth it. Highly recommend.