“Nice fish”

Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Dorsoduro / Accademia
Description: from July 16th to August 23rd we’ll be open ONLY FOR DINNER NOT FOR FAST FOODERS!! Omnivorous Restaurant Please CHECK our on line Menu BEFORE to book a table!! WE HAVE NOT VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN OPTIONS!! Booking highly suggested: please go to the CONTACT page on our website. A credit card deposit can be requested to confirm a booking. We not allow under no circumstances to receive FOR DINNER groups of more than 5 Guests WEDNESDAY and THURSDAY are our days off!
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Excellent restaurant where you taste the Italian hospitality. We had meat and fish spaghetti. Both excellent prepared and fast service.
Take a jacket it can get chilly on the deck when wind pickes up

Write a ReviewReviews (2,367)

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

We had the worst food ever experienced in our month and a half long visit to Italy at this restaurant. It was so sad and unfortunate as the staff are wonderful and try very hard and you’re in Venice, you want a wonderful experience. The portions are laughably small, compared to all other fine dinning Italian restaurants we have been to. However, we could maybe live with that if the food had not been the most bland, meek food we have experienced. We appreciate that Italian cuisine concentrates on enjoying the flavours of a couple ingredients and does not overpower with a complex taste and ingredients. This was not that. The food was tasteless. We had the bucatini cavalieri with spider crab, gnocchi, veal belly and red mullet. To add to this, the textures of some of the dishes were terrible. The gnocchi was raw-soft, and the mullet felt like you were eating over cooked meat with bones in it (due to the white crunchy topping).

In the end, we decided to let the waitress know who encouraged us to speak to the owner about our experience. We weren’t expecting anything to come of it to our benefit, but as a an owner myself, I would want to know. This is where things became even worse. The owner is used to these types of reviews, I gather, as he defensively told me the same as what he has written on other response reviews posted here: “well, you picked the wrong restaurant”. (Please see other terrible reviews on trip advisor). The reaction from the owner left us feeling sour about the entire experience. Clearly, customer service is not a priority for him.

I would simply be very cautious before going here. You are paying for a fine dinning experience that is likely to leave you hungry and disappointed with the bland flavours and awful textures.

There are so many good restaurants in Venice, I hope you find one that doesn’t disappoint like this one did for us.

8  Thank AlanaS1616
GPCremonini, Proprietario at Riviera, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Hello Madame

As I told you , and it was gently , we always do our best to take care of each One of our Guests , and we take care of each one of the Products and dishes that we propose to our Guests ( as apparently most of them appreciate it and most of their words testified it ).

Actually it would have been simple to try to change a little bit a dish to approach -if possible- your desires , but as I told you to do it it would be necessary to know about your desires or tastes during your dinner if not before , but it is not possible after.

Also because , when I passed at your table during your dinner , your Husband did a lot of compliments about the “stracchino” (soft cheese) gnocchi with braised beef cheek and apple mustard , and he repeated it also in front of you at the end of your dinner during our exchange , but possibly you “forgot” it because it is more or less the opposite of what you wrote here , and actually I’m not able -not already- to read in my Guests mind to know what they really think or need.

What I gently answered you after listening your complain , it was that I was really sorry about the situation because we did -as we always do- all what we can to give you our Best , but possibly we have different tastes and , not having any information or complain during your dinner , it was a little bit too late to find a solution after , let me also say because at that moment you were not exactly in the mood to talk with me , simply insisting to have the bill and , if you permit , I don’t think that it was only because of the dinner.

I can say that because , at the opposite of what you write here (“..customer service is not a priority for him…”) , also if in front of a “closed door” , not having at this stage any other way to take care of you , I did a huge discount to your bill and nobody obliged me to do it (and because of you for sure I’ll never do it again) , and ostensibly you “forgot” this detail .

You forgot too that when we brought you your Bucatini , few minutes later you started to take care of your Baby so , seeing that your pasta dish was loosing heat , we simply wait that you finish to take care of your Baby and we prepared - not reheated - for you a new dish , and we did that simply because “..customer service is not a priority for..” me , and when you finished to eat it you thanked my Collaborator appreciating the dish too!

You “forgot” too many things, and that is not correct at all.

Surely sometime I can do mistakes , I’m a Human Being , and I recognize my responsibilities and I’m ready to do my best to fix it , but I cannot fix or change what I don't know or what is hidden to me.

Anyway for sure I don’t lie .

Neither to others or to myself .

Never .

Someone else have different habits .

GP Cremonini

P.S.: Dear Reader , about the description of the dishes that Madame did not appreciate , you can find some of it in other reviews of Guests apparently with a different sense of taste than Madame Alana one .

P.S.P.S.: It was me giving the "like" to this review , I clicked on the wrong place to read it entirely , and this is the kind of mistake that I'm not able to fix .

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Dined here in the evening and wasn't disappointed. The staff were fantastic and the owner came and spoke to us when arrived and again when we had finished. We decided on the 7 course taster menu with the matching wine option. The food was fantastic with not one of the courses falling below the extremely high standard set by the chefs. We were seated in the front next to the waterfront and it was an exceptional evening of fine dining with the stunning views across the water to accompany it. If you like good food and wine and want to enjoy an evening of indulgence (the meal lasted about 2 1/2 hours by the time we finished with coffee) this is the place to go. Cannot recommend highly enough. Will be back next time.

1  Thank GazK68
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

We visited this eatery whils on a long weekend break and stumbled across this place it looked busy so we thought we would try and WOW it was amazing my partner and I both had the sea bass and Scollops with sun blushed tomatoes and trio of tiramisu it wasn’t cheep but worth it I would recommend this to all

GPCremonini, Proprietario at Riviera, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Hello Sir and thank you for your kind review, but...are you sure that you visited us !?

Or maybe you did it some years ago?

I ask you that because actually we don't have anyone of the dishes that you describe on our Menu, and we never made any "trio of tiramisù" so...

...so Have a nice day!!

GP Cremonini

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Outstanding Italian food experience on a fine dining venue that is worth to try. Very warm personnel and also serviced by its owner personally. We tried a two course menu with a bottle of Italian white wine but worth going for anything on the menu!