“Amazing food, perfect for a special occasion!!”
Review of Riviera

Riviera
Ranked #15 of 1,594 Restaurants in Venice
Price range: US$74 - US$198
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Dorsoduro / Accademia
Description: NOT FOR FAST FOODERS!! Omnivorous Restaurant Please CHECK our on line Menu BEFORE to book a table!! WE HAVE NOT VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN OPTIONS!! Booking highly suggested: please go to the CONTACT page on our website. A credit card deposit can be requested to confirm a booking. We not allow under no circumstances to receive FOR DINNER groups of more than 5 Guests WEDNESDAY and THURSDAY are our days off!
Reviewed 2 October 2015 via mobile

After proposing to my girlfriend in lake como I decided to book the Rivera to celebrate. I was not disappointed one bit, the waiter was so helpful and friendly, he offered us a great choice of wines to accompany our food. We went for the special starter which was a selection of raw fish cuts with different fruits, it was amazing. The mains were pretty special as well. Location is right by the water with amazing views. Our bill came to €250, I have eaten at Michelin star restaurants that bills were half the price!! Apart from that it was a great way to spend out first meal as future mr and Mrs!

2  Thank trevor v
Write a ReviewReviews (2,392)

Reviewed 1 October 2015 via mobile

My wife and I found this place on a recommendation from another couple who celebrated their 30th anniversary there last year after a cruise. They said that they loved it so much that they returned to Venice again and planned to dine there for their anniversary this year. I don't think we've ever received a stronger recommendation for a place, so we reserved it on the spot, and didn't regret it for a second from there on.

Excellent food, fantastic service and a wonderful wine pairing. On top of that, we had several fly by visits from the slightly eccentric owner that topped off our visit as the most memorable dining experience we had in Venice. If you get a chance, and you're not afraid to spend a few extra dollars on dinner, make sure to check out Riviera.

2  Thank MarKris T
Reviewed 1 October 2015 via mobile

We had our best anniversary dinner together here, everything, and I mean it, was perfect. So perfect that I don't want to spoil any of you anything! Sit down, relax, enjoy the view, food, wine..

1  Thank Patrick M
Reviewed 1 October 2015

We were made a same day booking for this extremely busy restaurant, and they were fabulous in accommodating us. We arrived a little bit early, still no problem, and they had our table all perfectly set with a high chair for the baby. I can't quite put in to words how amazing this experience was, probably the best dinner we've ever had. The staff are top notch, the owner introduced himself, and continued to interact with us, even as the restaurant filled up and was extremely busy. The wine list was hand picked by the staff, the staff were also very well versed in recommending wines and dishes on the menu. Highly recommend the gnocchi and the tiramisu, I could go on, but I could never say enough. If you are in Venice, you should go.

Reviewed 30 September 2015

If you want to spent a special evening with an amazing dinner this is the place to be.
The main courses are prepared with products that are exceptionnal. We had the risotto for two and I must say that I merely had such a good "version" of this meal.
The maitre d'hotel was "naturally" very kind (which often ins't so in this category of restaurants!) and a real professionnal.
The owner of the restaurant had a few words with every guest in the restaurant and let us feel really at ease. Really if you have only one night to go aout to dinner do not miss this one....