“Went for the laundry and returned for the food”
Review of Al Vecio Canton

Al Vecio Canton
Ranked #121 of 1,519 Restaurants in Venice
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Castello
Reviewed 27 March 2018

We originally chose this restaurant because of its proximity to the Effe Erre laundromat. It had decent reviews, so we figured we could eat while washing clothes. The food and service were excellent and the pricing was great. I ordered from the Menu Venezia and my husband from the Menu del Giorno. These are price fixed and an excellent value.

I had the spaghetti with cuttlefish sauce and he started with the Spaghetti and clams. I had the liver, which is a Venetian specialty, and he had the pork. We both ordered the fried potatoes. At 40 Euro for all that food, how can you beat that??

We loved it so much, we came back the next night, even though we had no more laundry!!! Service was great and the food was delicious, and the most reasonable we had in Venice. Highly recommended.

1  Thank kiraA

Reviewed 23 March 2018

I dined here twice during a recent visit to Venice. Food was very god and fresh. Also very well priced. Service was also very good. I had pasta both nights which Incan highly recommend. Win s by th3 glass are also available. Very close to SAn Zachariah and not far from StvMarks.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

In Venice two weeks ago, first visit straight to this superb restaurant. Ate there near.y every night. Food excellent, fairly priced and staff very attentive and friendly. Will be back for more in June.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

After having a terrible experience the previous night at Trattoria alla Rivetta restaurant I was gonna go on a hunger strike but I was craving for a pizza and I got what I needed in this lovely pizzeria they have very tasty pizza with a lot of varieties to choose from I had the mixed mushroom pizza which was lovely and the girls working there were very energetic and fast in taking your order and delivering the food to your table straight from the oven I highly recommend this place in Venice. The pasta looked nice did not try it but people around me looked like they were enjoying their food as well.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

No booking but table ready in 5minutes, sat upstairs, great atmosphere, excellent service and excellent food, will return in the future

1  Thank ESTREET50