“Great view of square and attentive service”
Review of Stadt Cafe Citta

Stadt Cafe Citta
Ranked #4 of 15 Dessert in Bolzano
Price range: US$11 - US$46
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: In the morning for a coffee, a croissant and the latest news from the world, later for an “aperitivo”. At midday for a quick snack or a full meal; later for an ice cream, a hot chocolate or a “Sfizio & Wine”, while looking at people going by on piazza Walther. And when it gets dark? For dinner, drinks and some nice music. “Coffee to stay” We have more than 70 copies of 40 newspapers in 10 different languages available every day. You can immerse yourself in the news from around the world while sipping your favourite beverage and enjoying a homemade cake or snack at any time of day.
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Brought my own bottle of wine in from Florence and no corking fee! Great service and meal. Special thanks to Carin from the front desk for setting the arrangement since my room was not ready yet coming in from the train. Perfect view of Bolzano!

Reviewed 8 October 2017

I was there recently, for dinner, and sat outside.
The waiters at first were not caring at all, there was a couple at the table beside mine that after waiting a while went away because nobody took care of them.
A bit later, I was unpolitely asked by the waiter: "do you want something?" and I replied, "of course, that's why I'm sitting here".
I was served by other waiters that were polite, the dinner was ok, nothing special but good enough, maybe a bit overpriced.
Eventually, when I pointed out there was a mistake in the bill and complained about the way they approach customers, the first waiter who spoke to me at the beginning apologised and said often people that are sitting outside do not mean to have anything...
Though, this is not a reason to speak to your potential customer in an unpleasant way.

1  Thank vittorio c
Reviewed 26 September 2017

There are others on Piazza Walter, and, they are fine, but, this is the best. Great views, great for people watching, the little carousel on Piazza Walther is right there, the food is good, the wine is good, the deserts are almost illegal. Yes, the service can be a bit slow,but, if you need it just catch someones eye (this is Italy, don't be in a hurry). It was our hangout when we were tired and for many meals.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Got to go every time we come to Bolzen. Love the Sacher torte, the plum kuchen is great, but the cheese strudel was amazing! We will definitely be back again!

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

We went there for aperitifs. The view was quite spectacular otherwise it seemed just a normal restaurant. I can recommend due to the view.