Hotels.com
FindHotel
Trip.com
Travelocity
All reviews train station excellent location breakfast room bit outdated clean bathroom historical center good size yogurt rocco wifi city fridge shampoo tiles tub furniture cons
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 September 2020

The Roma e Rocco is a surprisingly large hotel, much bigger than I had anticipated and very well positioned immediately opposite Turin’s main railway station. The reception area and hallways give the impression of an establishment from a different age which is not a criticism. My room was less old fashioned. It was on the small side but bigger than others I have had and a very high ceiling and a balcony with park view made it seem more spacious than it was. The bed was like an elongated double – not excessively wide but longer than usual and reasonably comfortable. There was also a small desk, armchair and a shelving unit and hanging space screened with a curtain. There was a good size fridge but no kettle. The room had many power outlets including several conveniently located for the desk.

The very clean bathroom was small but adequate with a shower but no tub. The only odd thing was loud turquoise colour tiles on the floor that seemed to have no relationship to the rest of the room’s decoration.

I struggled a bit with the wifi with a non-password protected login that didn’t work well at all. When I complained the receptionist helped connect me to a password protected version that worked fine. Then, just before check-out, I discovered a small piece of paper in the key envelope that included login credentials and a password. The person who checked me in had not mentioned that it was included with the key. The hotel was very quiet, in fact I never saw or heard another guest. It was also very well priced which may have been due to a lack of guests because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Overall, the Roma e Rocco worked well for me and I would be happy to return.

Room tip: Front rooms have a view of the park
Date of stay: September 2020
2  Thank Jane E
Reviewed 19 August 2020 via mobile

Hotel is a bit outdated, but on the best location in Turin. Next to the station and at the beginning of the shopping streets leading to the historical center. Breakfast was decent, rooms were clean and staff was friendly.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank 492stefb
Reviewed 30 May 2020 via mobile

Returned from skiing in France via Turin and spent a night here in very early February. The hotel has a friendly, efficient front desk, large, quiet rooms and serves a good breakfast. There were three of us and we all got inward-facing, courtyard rooms at a very fair price. Of course, it was very out of season but the price was still good. One of the rooms was large and the other two were enormous. Overall, I found this hotel rather charming and would return. We asked for a dinner recommendation and were advised to go to La Pergola Rosa which was very good (see separate review).

Date of stay: February 2020
2  Thank Jim S
Reviewed 31 January 2020

PRO - The location is great: right in front of PortaNuova train station; metro, bus stops, and city center are just a few steps away.
The staff was always present and ready to answer any questions and issue.
There is a nice, luminous breakfast room with an always ready and varied buffet. It was great to find natural yogurt and jams not only in prepackaged single-use wrappings!
There are two modern lifts avaliable to reach the floors.
I also appreciated the festive Christmas decorations and the vintage furnitures in the foyer.

CONS - The wardrobe in my room was old and creaky: I didn't use it for fear it would break.
An height adjustable shower head would be more practical then the very high fixed one.
It would be great if the management could switch to a more environmental-friendly policy: no single-use products (mini shampoo, paper slippers, tootbrush, mini toothpaste, sugar sachets, etc), no change of towels unless requested, and so on.

Date of stay: December 2019
2  Thank Elenariel M
Reviewed 30 September 2019 via mobile

We stayed just one night before an early flight the next morning. We wished we had booked for longer. This traditional hotel with beautiful rooms, efficient and helpful staff and brilliantly placed for airport service bus (7EU~ one way) and station, was a perfect choice. After a full day sightseeing (walked everywhere but Metro very close) the staff recommended a lovely restaurant nearby which was very good.

We had a 5th floor room with nice views over a park BUT a tip - the mega noise outside late at night carried so get to grips with the air on and shut the window to ensure a good night’s sleep (we had a beautiful huge bed). The bathroom was lovely. Everywhere was very tidy and clean.

This would be our first choice hotel if we return to Turin for a longer stay.

Date of stay: September 2019